Chapter 256 Planning

The patriarch of the Yan Family listened to the scholar's questions, all of which were crucial points, and couldn't help but show admiration on his face, responding to each one:

"The Blood Spirit Great Technique, although not brought out by our Yan Family ancestors, was highly praised in their notes, describing it as the first demonic technique in the 'Thousand Spirit Scripture.' Once cultivated, it can dominate the six demonic sects and is one of the most terrifying secret techniques in the world. However, this technique is too domineering. To prevent backlash, it must be cultivated by a man and a woman together. The aptitude of the spiritual roots is crucial for how far it can be cultivated. If the aptitude is not good enough, it can only reach two or three layers, which is essentially useless. Therefore, Yan'er's Tian Ling root is undoubtedly the best cultivation partner desired by the other party. Similarly, the junior sect master of the Ghost Spirit Sect also possesses a rare dark spiritual root, making them both the best candidates for cultivating the Blood Spirit Great Technique. With their exceptional aptitude, if they truly cultivate this technique together, they will surely refine it to its deepest depths, and sweeping the six sects will be a foreseeable event. Therefore, the Ghost Spirit Sect is willing to spare no expense to win us over, even risking revealing the news of the six sects' invasion of Yue Country to us, all for the opportunity for the Ghost Spirit Sect to dominate the entire Southern Region."

"As for how the other party knew about our Yan Family's origins, it's even easier to explain. Before our ancestors passed away, they once contacted the Ghost Spirit Sect. It's estimated that from that time on, our Yan Family came to the attention of the other party. As for Yan'er's matter, the other party has probably been planning for quite some time. This is the perfect opportunity for them to use both soft and hard tactics to make our Yan Family agree to this matter." The patriarch of the Yan Family sighed slightly here, evidently feeling helpless about the rash contact between the Yan Family ancestors and the Ghost Spirit Sect.

"As for the impending invasion of the six demonic sects, it is indeed the other party who informed us. However, the situation of Jiāng Country and Chēqí Country being taken down by the other party, besides the information provided by them, our Yan Family actually sensed something was amiss several days ago. The spies we placed in both countries should have sent messages by now according to convention, but there has been no news so far. It seems that what the other party said should be true. As for why the other party could easily take down the two countries, according to them, it was because several sects in the two countries had long been bought off by members of the six sects. So under the circumstances of a powerful surprise attack and the betrayal of insiders, the two countries fell in one fell swoop. Therefore, the people of the six sects should now be clearing out the remaining cultivators who haven't surrendered in the two countries, as well as preparing for the invasion of Yue Country. After all, they still have suffered some losses."

"As for the Righteous Alliance of the Fēngdū Country, there's no need to hope for them anymore. Not long before the meeting, I received news that the Righteous Alliance had also invaded and nearly conquered a neighboring medium-sized country. It seems that the two major forces have made some secret deals, so they simultaneously began large-scale expansion operations."

The patriarch of the Yan Family systematically explained everything, causing astonishment and shock on the faces of everyone below.

"Both the demonic and righteous paths are expanding their forces at the same time? Heh, if that's the case, it's really interesting!" After listening to the patriarch of the Yan Family's words, the scholar smiled intriguingly and said a thought-provoking remark.

"What do you mean by that, Yuànyè?" A white-faced old man sitting opposite the scholar couldn't contain his curiosity and asked impatiently.

"Second Uncle! It's nothing. It's just a small speculation of mine. This speculation has nothing to do with our Yan Family for now. Let's talk about the current situation of our Yan Family first!" The scholar casually waved his hand, indifferent.