Chapter 371 Heavenly Ascension Pavilion

"The ten cultivators you challenged, Han Fellow Daoist, were actually temporary hired thugs from the island's security team by those big families. Although their cultivation levels aren't high, they frequently engage in sea battles with demonic beasts and spar with cultivators on the island. So, in terms of combat experience and techniques, they are much stronger than ordinary cultivators. Even if their cultivation levels are lower, it's not surprising for ordinary cultivators to lose to them!" Wen Qiang looked amazed and exclaimed.

"It's nothing. I just got lucky!" Han Li smiled politely and replied.

In terms of combat experience, he considered himself quite knowledgeable!

"By the way, did you come here to handle some procedures at the Heavenly Ascension Pavilion?" The young man glanced in the direction of the green mountains and smiled, turning back to ask.

"Wen Fellow Daoist guessed it right. I indeed want to handle the procedures for settling on the island, and I also want to pick a place for cultivation."

There was nothing to hide about these matters, so Han Li calmly explained.

"Well, since you're here, and I've been to the Heavenly Ascension Pavilion several times, why don't I show you the way? It's on the way anyway! Otherwise, this Green Cloud Mountain is so vast, it's not easy to find." Wen Qiang suggested without hesitation after hearing Han Li's words.

Seeing the other's proactive enthusiasm, Han Li was slightly surprised and thanked him repeatedly.

So, the two of them flew side by side towards the large mountain ahead.

"This Green Cloud Mountain on the island, apart from the three major peaks of Tianzhu Peak, Tianxiao Peak, and Tianmen Peak, there are also 367 smaller peaks, and countless caves and valleys of various sizes. It can be said that there are many places for cultivation." As they flew forward, the young man introduced the mountain range to Han Li non-stop.

"Of course, although most of Green Cloud Mountain is on a significant spiritual vein, the thickness of spiritual energy varies. Generally speaking, the higher the mountain peak, the more abundant the spiritual energy. Therefore, the 36 peaks with the densest spiritual energy become the target of the island's spiritual land challenge every ten years. Anyone who feels that their cultivation is higher than the master of these 36 peaks can challenge them at will. The winner can take over the peak. As for the other peaks, the difference in spiritual energy isn't significant. Generally, once a cultivator reaches the Foundation Establishment stage, they can automatically obtain one of the peaks as a place for cultivation. As for cultivators in the Qi Condensation stage, they can only find places like valleys and caves to cultivate."

"The Foundation Establishment stage cultivators can have a peak to themselves?" Han Li was greatly surprised.

"Yes, but most of the Foundation Establishment cultivators on the island have already occupied them. For us Qi Condensation stage cultivators, don't even think about such good things." The young man said self-deprecatingly.

"Oh!" Various thoughts circulated in Han Li's mind, and he felt somewhat excited.

"By the way, won't the spiritual energy be even more abundant on those three main peaks?" Suddenly, as if thinking of something, Han Li casually asked.

"Of course. The highest peak, Tianzhu Peak, is the island's spiritual core, the place where Island Master Mu Long cultivates. Other cultivators are not allowed to enter. I heard that Island Master Mu is at the middle stage of the Core Formation realm and has formidable magical abilities. Tianmen Peak and Tianxiao Peak are the caves of the two deputy island masters, Yuan Jun and Kanqin. Although they are slightly inferior to Tianzhu Peak, the spiritual energy there is still several times denser than elsewhere." Wen Qiang said, revealing a somewhat envious expression.

"Wen Fellow Daoist, are the two deputy island masters also seniors in the Core Formation realm?" Han Li raised his eyebrows and asked slowly.

"The two deputy island masters are not only cultivators in the early stage of Core Formation but also a pair of dual-cultivation partners." Wen Qiang shook his head and said with a playful tone.

Hearing this, Han Li involuntarily furrowed his brows slightly.

A single Kui Star Island unexpectedly had three Core Formation cultivators, which was beyond his expectations.

While Han Li was pondering, he and Wen Qiang had already entered Green Cloud Mountain. Occasionally, they encountered a few cultivators flying on flying artifacts like them.

However, after giving them a cold glance, they flew away on their own.

Half an hour later, Han Li finally followed Wen Qiang to a relatively high peak.

On the top of the peak was a two-story tall pavilion. It was unknown how long it had been built, but its exterior was not only dilapidated but also extremely old. There was even a half-missing signboard hanging on the door, with three crooked black characters written on it: "Heavenly Ascension Pavilion."

Seeing this, Han Li was stunned.

"Is this...?" Even though he saw the signboard, Han Li still couldn't believe it and couldn't help turning to ask Wen Qiang.

"Although I don't want to admit it, this is indeed the Heavenly Ascension Pavilion." Wen Qiang showed a helpless expression and said with a shrug.

"Alright, I've brought you here. By the way, the senior in charge of the Heavenly Ascension Pavilion has a strange temper! Fellow Daoist, you need to be careful!" Wen Qiang bid farewell to Han Li with a wave of his hand, and before leaving, he warned Han Li with a voice transmission.

Han Li watched Wen Qiang disappear, and after shaking his head inadvertently, he calmly walked to the front of the pavilion and approached it step by step.

But just as he reached the door, a somewhat sinister voice came from his ear.

"Come in! The door is unlocked." Hearing this, Han Li's heart trembled, but he didn't hesitate to walk into the pavilion.

Entering the pavilion, Han Li was dumbfounded.

Inside, it was completely different from the exterior of the pavilion, decorated luxuriously!

The ground was covered with bright red and shiny precious silk, while the walls were inset with gold and jade, countless sparkling gemstones shimmering on them. There were also several kinds of gorgeous flowers and plants that Han Li didn't even know in the corners of the pavilion.

Opposite Han Li, there was a strange stone bed emitting a blue haze, which was made of something unknown but was definitely an extremely rare item.

On it, there was a middle-aged man with a haggard face, dressed in a dazzling red leather jacket. He was half-reclining on the bed, embracing a huge white pearl in his arms, and looking at Han Li with faint eyes.

"Hello, I'm here to handle settling procedures. Is it you who's in charge, senior?" Han Li suppressed his surprise, bowed respectfully, and asked politely.

"Settling? Do you have a guarantor?" The middle-aged man coughed lightly, his voice weak and feeble.

"Yes." Han Li immediately took out the document given by the Gu family and handed it to the man.

He didn't dare to underestimate this person because the fluctuations of spiritual power emanating from him clearly told him that this man

was a powerful cultivator in the late Foundation Establishment stage.

The middle-aged man took the signed document from Han Li, glanced at it briefly, and then put it down. Then, he looked Han Li up and down with a gleam in his eyes.

"I heard that a new cultivator came to the island and defeated a member of the security team with a fifth-level cultivation base. Is it you?" The middle-aged man casually caressed the pearl in his arms and suddenly asked, somewhat absent-mindedly.

Hearing this question, Han Li was momentarily stunned, and then he smiled ruefully.

"I'm just lucky! I couldn't possibly..."