Chapter 368 Manor

While Han Li was paying attention to the number of mortals, he faintly sensed the presence of many cultivators around the port. It seemed that these people were specifically responsible for maintaining order at the port.

As Han Li thought this, he followed Master Gu and Wang Changqing into a stone house near the port.

The interior of the house was very simple, with only a wooden table, a chair, and an old man with a yellow complexion sitting there, eyes closed.

Upon hearing the sound of Han Li and the others entering, the cultivator opened his eyes.

A cold light flashed in his eyes, causing Han Li's heart to skip a beat. This person turned out to be a Foundation Establishment cultivator, and he seemed different from when he was not injured.

Ignoring Master Gu and Wang Changqing, the yellow-faced cultivator glanced at Han Li and Qu Hun, realizing that Han Li's cultivation was only at the Qi Refining stage. He then resumed his lazy expression. However, Han Li noticed that the man seemed to give Qu Hun an extra glance.

"What do you want? Speak quickly if you have something, don't disturb my rest," the cultivator said with a tone of impatience.

Han Li, relying on his photographic memory, had already learned the local language from Wang Changqing, although he couldn't speak yet, he could understand others' intentions.

However, since he had no experience dealing with cultivators in this area, he didn't speak rashly, just smiled and watched Master Gu and Wang Changqing negotiate with the cultivator.

Master Gu respectfully called the cultivator "Master Yang" and whispered a few words to him, then pointed to Han Li, seemingly explaining his background. After that, he handed several spirit stones to the cultivator.

Feeling the spirit stones in his hand, "Master Yang's" expression softened, and he took out a green jade token from his body, asking Han Li:

"What's your name?"

"Han Li!" Han Li said his name fluently. As for how the other party translated it, he didn't care.

A green light flashed in Master Yang's hand as he completely enveloped the jade token with it. After a moment, the light dissipated, revealing two strange symbols on the jade token that Han Li couldn't recognize.

Then, the yellow-faced cultivator raised his hand and threw the jade token towards Han Li.

"Keep this token safe. If you lose it, you'll have to come to me for a replacement, otherwise you'll be punished for trespassing on Kui Xing Island. Of course, if you settle here in the future, this token won't be needed and will be taken back. As for the corpse puppet behind you, it's unnecessary," the old man said lethargically before ignoring the three of them and closing his eyes to rest again.

Master Gu tactfully left the place immediately.

But Han Li was somewhat interested in the real identity of this person, gave him a few more glances, and then silently walked out.

Shortly after Han Li left, "Master Yang" opened his eyes again, muttering in confusion:

"This corpse puppet is quite strange. Clearly, it's just a dead body. Why is there spiritual energy emanating from it? Could it be a new puppet technique?"

Then, the yellow-faced old man fell into deep thought...

Outside, after leaving the port, Master Gu hired a beast-drawn carriage driven by two strange creatures that resembled a mix between sheep and cattle. He took Han Li along a main road towards the interior of the island.