Chapter 259 Wind Movement

However, amidst Han Li's astonishment, there was also some puzzlement!

Although Han Li wasn't proficient in the art of illusion, he had some knowledge of it. The "Heavenly Eye Technique," commonly mastered by cultivators, could be considered the most basic illusion spell. If there was a significant gap in cultivation levels between two cultivators, using the Heavenly Eye Technique to gaze into the opponent's eyes could potentially disrupt their concentration and put them at a disadvantage during battle.

Even other types of illusion spells primarily relied on the vast difference in cultivation levels to forcefully control the opponent's mind.

Dong Xuanyi was at the early Foundation Establishment stage, while the handsome man was at the mid Foundation Establishment stage. Normally, it was absurd for such a small gap to result in one being immediately subdued by the other's gaze. Unless the opponent was a Foundation Establishment cultivator specializing in illusion spells, there was some possibility.

However, judging by the expression of the handsome man and his resentful look upon leaving, it seemed highly unlikely! It definitely didn't seem like a Foundation Establishment cultivator pretending to be at the Foundation Establishment stage to toy with them.

With these thoughts in mind, Han Li felt a bit more at ease. After all, he had been quite attentive to the resentful expression of the handsome man upon leaving.

As he lifted his head from contemplation, he happened to see Dong Xuanyi and the two flirting figures again. The pitiful and innocent appearance from before had long disappeared without a trace.

Seeing this scene, Han Li sighed inwardly, stood up, and was about to return to his room.

But just as Han Li placed his hand on the wooden door, before pushing it open, he suddenly heard a loud voice from outside the inn.

"Attention, guests of the inn. Tomorrow's treasure-snatching event will be divided into two groups. The country's cultivators will compete on the western peak of Yanling Fortress, while foreign cultivators will compete on the eastern peak. Please arrive on time tomorrow morning. Those who arrive late will be considered as forfeiting the competition voluntarily."

After repeating this announcement three times, it seemed the person left.

Han Li was taken aback by these words, but then he casually pushed the door open and walked out, returning to his room.

Although Han Li was somewhat surprised by the separation of cultivators from different countries for the competition, he didn't perceive anything unusual. After all, if cultivators from the seven sects competed together, it would definitely stir up trouble. This exclusionary mentality was the same everywhere, as evidenced by the confrontation in the teahouse that day.

As Han Li thought about this, he sat cross-legged on his bed, preparing to meditate and refine qi for the night to prepare for tomorrow's treasure-snatching event.

...

In a residence in Yanling Fortress, a handsome and mysterious man sat on a wooden chair. In front of him, several men and women respectfully reported something to him. The man listened expressionlessly, occasionally flashing a hint of cunning in his eyes, and smirked for no apparent reason.

...

At the same time, on the western peak of Yanling Fortress, dozens of disciples from the Ghost Spirit Sect were busy on the mountaintop, burying things underground from time to time. The young master of the Ghost Spirit Sect and two Foundation Establishment cultivators were hovering in mid-air, coldly observing everything below.

"How is it? The temporary Yin Fire Array has weakened so much. Will it still work?" the young master of the Ghost Spirit Sect suddenly asked.

"Don't worry, young master! There shouldn't be any problem. Although it's just a temporary formation, with us brothers in charge, it can still exert some effect on trapping the enemy. Of course, if there's a late Foundation Establishment cultivator inside the array or someone with a particularly powerful magic weapon, then it's hard to say! But for the vast majority of cultivators, they definitely won't have the ability to escape." One of the elder brothers, coughing lightly, replied somewhat unsteadily.