Chapter 340: Trap

"Even so, to protect Spirit Beast Mountain, sacrificing other cultivators, not to mention, even two Foundation Establishment cultivators died in that self-directed attack. This is unacceptable no matter how you spin it!" Han Li said with a slightly furrowed brow, unwilling to easily believe.

"Without the deaths of Foundation Establishment cultivators, how could the other six sects easily believe it! Moreover, do you really think those who died were Foundation Establishment cultivators?" "Qu Hun" sneered coldly.

"From what you're saying..." Han Li looked at "Qu Hun" with some surprise.

"From what I know, there are two or three secret methods in our demonic path six sects that can forcibly elevate a Foundation Establishment cultivator's cultivation to a level close to Foundation Establishment. Of course, each of these methods has significant flaws. Essentially, a cultivator who has used it once is doomed to die with their meridians severed, and the cultivation existence time is also pitifully short. However, this short amount of time should be enough to deceive the eyes and ears of the other six sects, especially during a surprise attack, there's no need to act for a long time," "Qu Hun" explained.

Listening to this, Han Li fell silent. By now, he was three-quarters convinced.

It was imaginable that when the seven sects and the cultivators from the other two countries were setting up their formations to confront the demonic path six sects, the demonic path had already seen through all the arrangements of the allied forces and would easily break through the seven sects' formation with a backstab at Spirit Beast Mountain. Without the protection of the formation, the seven sects' alliance would be no match for the demonic path six sects.

"Even if what you're saying is true, the time for the decisive battle hasn't arrived yet. If I go to report, I should be able to turn the tables. Why should I run away?" After pondering for a moment, Han Li asked somewhat unwillingly.

"Do you really think our demonic path will initiate the decisive battle according to the agreed time? You should know that according to the original arrangement, there was always this plan to confuse the opponent and create a time difference for the decisive battle. Although I don't know the exact time, I estimate that within a few days, our demonic path will suddenly attack your camp. After all, at this time, you are in the most relaxed stage before the big battle, and manpower is still far from being ready. Do you think you'll have enough time to spread the news to the battlefield and make the upper echelons believe your words?" With a smirk, "Qu Hun" showed a clear sense of schadenfreude.

Hearing this, Han Li's expression finally changed, showing a hint of worry.

If the seven sects were really defeated, his days would be truly difficult. Either he would stay in Yueguo and be chased by the demonic path or retreat to other countries and wander around. Otherwise, he would have to repair the teleportation array and start a new cultivation journey in another unfamiliar place.

"You seem to know the demonic path's plan inside out, indicating that your true identity is indeed not low. Don't worry, I'm not interested in asking for your specific identity, I just want to ask one more thing. After saying so much, do you have any evidence? Do you think I'll fully believe your words just based on your word alone?" After some thought, Han Li asked solemnly.

Upon hearing Han Li's question, the cultivator from the Imperial Spirit Sect was stunned for a moment, then smiled bitterly.

"When I was in dire straits, I didn't even have my original body anymore. Do you think I could have any evidence left? Actually, if you were a little more patient, you would probably hear some news of the big battle if you wait a few more days," he said matter-of-factly.