Chapter 238: The Terrifying Yu Kun

"Alright, our new disciple has just arrived. Don't start talking as if you're lecturing him the moment you meet him!" The young woman looked at Han Li's uneasy expression and smiled softly, speaking gently to Li Huayuan.

"Alright! I understand. Anyway, this good disciple of yours is the benefactor of my wife's life-saving grace, so as his master, I will definitely compensate him properly!" Li Huayuan looked at the young woman with a gentle expression, then turned to Yu Kun, who was still standing nearby, and said:

"You may leave now. My wife and I need to talk to your junior brother Han alone. There's no need for anyone else to be present!"

"Yes, Master!" Yu Kun respectfully replied, then glanced at Han Li with envy before quietly stepping out.

"Life-saving benefactor? Compensation?" Han Li was truly puzzled this time. He had no idea why these words would apply to him. When did he do such a thing? Why wasn't he aware of it?

Seeing Han Li looking confused, the young woman couldn't help but smile and said:

"Husband, you should explain it properly! Your disciple here doesn't know anything, don't leave him in the dark!"

After hearing the young woman's words, Li Huayuan smiled slightly, nodded, and said to Han Li:

"Han Li, by now you should know the reason why I took you as my disciple, right? There's nothing to be embarrassed about. I, as the elder, indeed coveted those spirit medicines from heaven and earth, so I used the excuse of taking you as my disciple to forcibly take half of your share from you. Otherwise, you should have received two Foundation Establishment Pills instead of just one! However, I also believe that although I reduced your reward for no reason, I also allowed you to have a backing in the future, using my name as protection, so that you wouldn't be easily bullied by others. After all, considering your talent at that time, even with an extra Foundation Establishment Pill, it seems that you had no hope of successfully establishing your foundation!"

Li Huayuan said calmly, as if he didn't think there was anything wrong with his behavior back then.

"But things changed later on. Not long after I obtained these spirit medicines, I was planning to refine some elixirs to enhance my mana when my wife suddenly had an accident during her cultivation, and her life was in danger. It was fortunate that the heavenly and earthly spirit medicines I obtained from you hadn't been used yet, so her life was temporarily saved. And in the following years, with the remaining spirit medicines, I managed to refine the elixirs to save her, allowing my wife to finally recover recently! So when I told my wife about the origin of these spirit medicines, she immediately insisted on compensating you. After all, she was able to survive thanks to these spirit medicines. You can also be considered her life-saving benefactor now!"

As Li Huayuan mentioned his wife's life-threatening situation, his face changed a few times, as if recalling the danger of that day. It seemed that he had deep affection for the young woman beside him.

"After hearing this, I thought it made sense and wanted to officially accept you as my disciple, even if you hadn't succeeded in establishing your foundation yet. But unexpectedly, before I could take action, I received news that you had successfully established your foundation. This really surprised me! After all, I had personally said that once you entered the Foundation Establishment stage, I would officially accept you as my disciple. So this can't be considered compensation anymore. It seems I'll have to think of another way to compensate you within my capabilities!"

Finally, Li Huayuan explained the whole story, leaving Han Li dumbfounded.

He never expected to be the recipient of such unexpected generosity. Even though he heard Li Huayuan say he wanted to compensate him, Han Li still couldn't believe it, standing there looking bewildered.