Chapter 239: Decision

After waiting in the cave mansion for a day, Han Li stood in front of Li Huayuan and his wife again the next day. Li Huayuan spoke lightly:

"Han Li, have you decided what you want from me? You can tell me now."

"I want a cultivation technique suitable for myself. I hope Master can fulfill my request." Han Li, who had already made up his mind, blurted out without hesitation.

Li Huayuan didn't show any surprise upon hearing this. Instead, he smiled faintly at the woman beside him, as if to say: See, I was right. He indeed wants a cultivation technique.

Then he turned to Han Li and said calmly:

"Alright, your choice is good. Come closer, let me check your spiritual roots and decide what cultivation technique to give you."

Han Li didn't hesitate and immediately stepped forward. The moment Li Huayuan grabbed his wrist, a warm flow quickly circulated through his meridians.

"Except for the gold attribute, you can cultivate techniques of other attributes! To have a four-attribute spiritual root truly surprises me! Although I could tell your spiritual roots were mixed to some extent before, I didn't expect them to be so diverse!" After examining for a moment, Li Huayuan's expression became slightly strange, and he sighed lightly.

The woman beside him also showed a hint of surprise upon hearing this. Although she didn't speak, she couldn't help but glance at Han Li a few times.

"I disappointed you, Master, with my poor aptitude!" Han Li's face flushed slightly, feeling a bit ashamed.

"It's okay. Since you succeeded in foundation establishment, it's a sign of your own fortune. However, choosing a cultivation technique may be a bit troublesome now!"

"What do you mean?"

Han Li blinked, showing confusion on his face, although he didn't ask actively.

"You really should explain things properly to your disciple instead of beating around the bush all the time! What Master meant is, he originally wanted to choose a good cultivation technique for you, but now that he has seen your spiritual roots, he's hesitating a bit! After all, the better the technique, the harder it is to cultivate. It might be better to give you a simpler technique that can help you advance faster!" The woman scolded Li Huayuan, then turned to Han Li and explained gently.

"Yes, what the wife said is what I wanted to say." Li Huayuan nodded repeatedly. But then, he explained in detail:

"You see, the cultivation techniques we cultivators practice can generally be divided into three categories based on their power and effects. The first category includes techniques that improve mana at an average or even slightly lower rate, but they come with powerful spells and means to overcome enemies, making them extraordinary in combat. Even at lower levels of cultivation, practitioners of this category can defeat higher-level cultivators, so those who have no hope of reaching Nascent Soul stage in their lifetime mostly choose techniques from this category."

"The second category is quite the opposite. These techniques greatly enhance mana, are easy to cultivate, and have fewer chances of encountering bottlenecks compared to the first category. But there's a trade-off. The advantages of the first category, the powerful defensive measures and spells, are lacking in this category. Practitioners of these techniques will likely become weaker among cultivators of the same level. However, for those who aim for higher levels of cultivation and Nascent Soul stage, many also choose these techniques because they are the easiest way to approach the Golden Core stage."

Li Huayuan paused here for a moment, then suddenly smiled at Han Li:

"I wonder, which category of technique do you choose, or which one do you think is more suitable for you?"