Chapter 297: Ominous News of Cracks

Seeing the disappointment on the girl's face, Han Li suddenly smiled and said softly, "Although I can't take you as my disciple, don't be disheartened! I can introduce another fellow cultivator at the Foundation Establishment stage to be your master. But whether you can successfully become his disciple depends on whether he is satisfied with you."

"Really?" The girl's expression, originally full of disappointment, immediately brightened upon hearing this.

Without further ado, Han Li took out a sound transmission talisman from his body and whispered a few words to it before handing it, along with a jade plaque, to the girl.

"Take this talisman and jade plaque. You can go to the Hundred Herb Garden in the Yellow Maple Valley to find a senior surnamed Ma. Whether you can become his disciple depends on your luck." Han Li said calmly.

The girl didn't expect that although Han Li wasn't willing to take her as his disciple, there was still another opportunity. She was filled with hope again and quickly thanked Han Li. The old man was equally elated.

"As for the matter of introducing you as a disciple, since it may not succeed, I'll also give you two high-grade spiritual artifacts as compensation for your kindness in giving us the scripture," Han Li said, taking out a piece of emerald-colored brocade and a blue small sword from his storage pouch and handing them to the old man.

The old man was pleasantly surprised to receive the artifacts. He had thought that introducing the girl to Han Li as a disciple was already a significant favor, but he didn't expect Han Li to give them additional benefits. He expressed his gratitude profusely.

Han Li didn't linger any longer and retrieved the two masses of spiritual energy lurking in their bodies. With the grateful gazes of the old man and the girl, he left quietly.

Once Han Li was far away, the old man handed the brocade to the girl and kept the small sword for himself. They planned to set off soon to find Senior Ma in the Yellow Maple Valley, hoping that their granddaughter would have the chance to become a disciple of one of the Seven Sects.

However, the old man, surnamed Xiao, also found it strange why Han Li had involved himself with people from the Qin family. Those people were all ordinary mortals!

...

Leaving aside the idle thoughts of the old man surnamed Xiao, Han Li finally returned to the Qin Residence with excitement.

Since he landed directly at his residence using a spiritual artifact, his return didn't attract any attention. He quietly entered his bedroom.

Han Li found the newly acquired breathing technique very practical and immediately began studying it that night.

The technique mainly consisted of small tricks in using spiritual power, and with Han Li's profound cultivation base, mastering it was not difficult at all.

After just one night, he had already grasped most of it.

The next morning, as Han Li was cultivating and feeling quite lucky recently, a muffled sound came from his storage pouch. It seemed like something had ruptured.

Han Li's expression immediately turned grim. After a moment, he reached into his storage pouch and pulled out a purple bead. It was identical to the one he had given to the white-haired old Daoist, but this bead had several cracks on its surface.

After a brief moment of silence, Han Li suddenly walked out of the room. He looked around the courtyard to ensure that no one was watching, then released his spiritual artifact, the Divine Wind Boat. In a flash, he boarded the boat and disappeared from the Qin Residence without a sound.