Chapter 252 Separation

"Do you know anything about the cultivation of this cultivator? If he's not a significant disciple of the Yan family and his cultivation isn't high, I'll talk to him and should be able to resolve it smoothly," Han Li rubbed his nose calmly.

In fact, he was well aware that someone who could coerce mortal women wouldn't have very advanced cultivation. Asking was just an instinctual caution.

"I inquired about this beforehand," Yan Shi said. "I heard he's only at the fifth level of basic cultivation. Although he shares the Yan surname, he's definitely insignificant in the Yan family. Otherwise, how could a slightly valued disciple live with us mortals?"

Yan Shi, the former head of the Mo Family, remained organized and clear-headed, despite their current circumstances.

"That's no problem then! Later, Junior Sister will take me there, and as long as I know the way, it'll be fine. I'll handle this for you!" Han Li nodded.

"Thank you, Senior Brother! I knew Senior Brother would help!" Mo Caihuan listened attentively, joyfully expressing her gratitude.

"Han Li, thank you so much! Otherwise, facing coercion from a cultivator, my daughter and I wouldn't know how to cope," Yan Shi expressed relief but then sighed helplessly.

"Although the surface here prohibits cultivators from harassing us mortals, in reality, there's too much abuse happening in secret. How could the Yan family really punish those cultivators! Careless actions often result in mortals who offend cultivators disappearing without a trace, which happens frequently."

Han Li sensed a hint of powerlessness and frustration in Yan Shi's words. After all, compared to the glory of wielding life and death in the Mo Family before, their current life of enduring humiliation was indeed degrading for Yan Shi.

After listening, Han Li fell silent for a moment. Then he suddenly asked a perplexing question.

"Master, Junior Sister is already at the age to marry. Why not find a suitable person within the stronghold for her to marry? If she marries a cultivator, wouldn't she have someone to rely on? "

"Marry?"

"I refuse to marry those cultivators from the Yan family! "

As soon as Han Li finished speaking, Yan Shi smiled bitterly, while Mo Caihuan vehemently opposed, showing displeasure all over her face.

"What's wrong?" Han Li was a little surprised.

"Senior Brother! The cultivators of the Yan family don't take us mortal women seriously! Marrying them is worse than being a worldly servant. If anything goes wrong, they often beat and scold us. I'd rather stay single for life than marry here!" Mo Caihuan's voice was fast and urgent, clearly abhorring the idea.

"Han Li, you may not know, but one of my daughter's friends here married a cultivator in the stronghold. Not only was she not treated with respect, but she was also frequently abused. Later, after her appearance aged, she was casually divorced with a letter of repudiation on some pretext and sent back home in a pitiful state! And that cultivator remarried a younger and prettier woman. There are too few cultivators with good character like Mo Caihuan's stepfather here. I don't want Mo Caihuan to suffer. As for marrying an ordinary person, your Junior Sister's standards are too high to find anyone she likes!" Yan Shi explained.

"I see! But your Junior Sister can't remain unmarried for life, right?" Han Li frowned naturally.

But as soon as he said this, Yan Shi's expression changed, seeming to want to say something, but hesitated and ultimately didn't say it. Mo Caihuan, on the other hand, seemed to recall something, lowered her head, and fell silent.