Chapter 301: Expelling Poison, Removing the Curse

"Don't say anymore, my mind is made up!" The tall and thin second elder said decisively.

The young woman panicked, quickly turning to the youth and the old man for help.

After exchanging glances, the youth remained silent, while the old man sighed and said, "Five, let the second elder go! He's repenting for what happened before! Only by doing this can he feel a bit better!"

"But, Second Brother..." The woman wanted to argue, but the second elder had already walked up to Han Li calmly and said, "Sir, let's begin! Use me as a test subject."

Although his words sounded tragic, what followed made the four of them feel like they had been doused with cold water, leaving them dumbfounded.

"Did you all misunderstand something? When did I promise to remove the blood curse from you?" Han Li's words were chilling, leaving the Five Friends of Mount Meng stunned.

"If you're not intending to lift the curse from us, why did you study this curse on my elder brother?" The second elder, in his astonishment, hurriedly asked.

"I said I was studying the blood curse to help you all? I was just curious!" Han Li's expression remained unchanged as he spoke.

Seeing Han Li's cold expression and hearing his heartless words, the four people were dumbfounded.

"But sir, you wanted to know about those people, and if you don't lift the curse from us, how can we answer your questions?" The youth asked anxiously, his face showing a mixture of panic and doubt, clearly unwilling to let go of the hope in front of him.

Upon hearing this, Han Li glanced at him disdainfully, then sneered a few times before looking up at the sky without speaking.

The old man, who was much older and more experienced than the youth, hit the nail on the head, saying, "Don't bother asking anymore, sir. The information you can get from us is not enough to exchange for our lives. That's why you're unwilling to act rashly!"

"What conditions do you have, sir, before you'll act? Just say it, as long as you can really remove the blood curse, we, the Five Friends of Mount Meng, will definitely comply without hesitation." The old man calmly continued.

"Alright! Since you've said this, let's not beat around the bush."

Han Li suddenly clapped his hands and smiled, showing a friendly expression.

But in the eyes of these four people, Han Li seemed even more capricious, making them feel a sense of awe.

"The condition is simple! If I can remove your major concerns, you must tell me everything you know and temporarily obey my orders from today onwards to help me deal with these people's attacks. I estimate that they won't let me off easily, and I also want to resolve them in a short time."

"However, you don't need to worry about being outnumbered! I am a cultivator from the Yellow Maple Valley, just here to handle some sect affairs. As long as we hold on for a while, I will request reinforcements. By then, you won't have to fear these rats anymore."

Han Li spoke of his conditions with a smile, pulling up the banner of his sect without hesitation. Only in this way could he make them wholeheartedly devoted to him.

"Sir, you're from the Yellow Maple Valley!"

Although the old man had already guessed that Han Li's background should be within the seven sects, hearing him admit it still brought a smile to his face.

"Alright, we'll go along with everything you said. After all, if the blood curse is lifted, we'll definitely become their targets. It's safer to stick with you!" The black-faced old man readily agreed.

The youth and the woman, upon hearing the old man's words, also showed happy expressions without objections! Obviously, they agreed with the old man's approach.

For them, the seven sects were much stronger than the forces controlling them with blood curses, so it was natural to join them.

However, the tall and thin second elder hesitated, seemingly wanting to say something but hesitating.

"If your method of lifting the blood curse is truly effective, we have one more request. We hope you can agree, sir." After glancing at the second elder, the old man suddenly made a solemn request to Han Li.

"What is it? As long as it's not too outrageous, I'll do my best to fulfill it."

Han Li said, his tone surprisingly accommodating.

At this moment, Han Li seemed unusually easygoing.

"Our fourth sister is still staying in a civilian residence in Yuejing City. Now that we've been captured by you, we don't know if she's safe. We hope that when the time comes, sir, you can lend a hand to rescue her." The old man said solemnly.

"Big Brother!"

The thin and tall second elder listened to this and showed a grateful expression.

"Okay, I'll rescue your companion when the time comes. But for now, let's remove the blood curse. Who wants to go first?" Han Li didn't waste any time and went straight to the point.

"Of course..."

Just as the second elder was about to speak and step forward, his arm was suddenly grabbed by a thin and dry hand!

"Second Brother, you still have our fourth sister! Since my old bones can't build a foundation, I won't live long anyway. It's better for me to go first. After all, the child in our third sister's belly still needs you to take care of!" The black-faced old man said calmly.

"Big Brother! This won't do, how can you..."

The second elder's expression was agitated, shaking his head like a rattle, and refused to agree.

Seeing this, the youth and the woman also spoke up, insisting on taking the risk first!

"Don't argue. Let your big brother go first. After all, I just checked his body, so I have a better grasp!."

Although the brotherly bond displayed by the four people was touching, Han Li didn't have the patience to try to understand it deeply. He was eager to know whether he could really remove the blood curse. If not, everything he had done before would be in vain, and he would have to make other plans.

After Han Li said this, the four people had nothing more to argue about, and the old man walked over with a serious expression.

The other three exchanged glances and could only watch the old man's movements with worried eyes.

"Bang! Bang!..."

Han Li waved his hand, and several human-sized puppet soldiers appeared behind him in a flash of white light, holding weapons.

"When I dispel the blood curse, I can't defend against enemies. These puppets are a precaution. If anyone comes within ten yards of me, they will attack automatically! You'd better stay further away!" Han Li pointed out without hesitation, indicating that he still couldn't trust them completely. So the three of them had no choice but to reluctantly step back a bit.