Chapter 295: Appointment

"Related to the demonic path?"

When the old Taoist heard that Han Li was a cultivator from the Yellow Maple Valley, he didn't show much surprise. This was something he had already vaguely guessed, as there were very few Foundation Establishment cultivators outside of the seven sects. However, when he heard that the disciple he was about to accept and the steward might be connected to the demonic path, his face turned green.

It was well-known in the cultivation world of Yue Country that the demonic path was synonymous with bloodshed and cruelty. As a mere Qi Refining cultivator, the old Taoist naturally wanted to avoid any involvement.

"Senior, are you sure about this? I have indeed checked the young prince's body, and there is truly no trace of spiritual power in him," the old Taoist said, feeling both surprised and incredulous.

He had been in contact with the young prince for some time and couldn't see any resemblance to the rumors of a demonic cultivator.

Han Li, upon hearing this, didn't waste words. He simply said calmly, "Whether these two are connected to the demonic path or not, you will find out for yourself in the future. I don't need to explain anything. I don't expect you to take any action against them, just keep a watchful eye. And whatever you do, don't try to test them. If they find out that you know their identity, your life might be in danger!"

Han Li warned the old Taoist with a final sentence.

The doubt in the old Taoist's eyes disappeared immediately after hearing Han Li's words, replaced by a look of fear.

After hesitating for a while, he hesitantly said, "But what if these two people discover that I'm monitoring them? What should I do? With my weak cultivation base, I'm afraid I might jeopardize your plans, senior!"

Han Li furrowed his brow upon hearing this.

It seemed that the old Taoist was starting to have second thoughts and wanted to back out. That wouldn't do. Han Li realized he needed to offer more incentives.

With that in mind, Han Li reached into his storage pouch and took out an item, placing it gently on the table.

"Monitoring these two does carry some risk. Here's an upper-grade magical treasure for your protection. After this matter is over, the treasure will officially belong to you. This is the Purple Light Pearl. When infused with spiritual power, it can immediately create a protective shield around you. I believe it should be enough to deal with most dangers for a Qi Refining cultivator," Han Li said calmly, pointing to the purple pearl on the table.

"An upper-grade magical treasure!" The old Taoist's spirits lifted upon hearing this.

Unfortunately, he was usually penniless and couldn't even afford a middle-grade magical treasure, let alone an upper-grade one!

"This is the Purple Light Pearl. When infused with spiritual power, it can immediately create a protective shield around you. I believe it should be enough to deal with most dangers for a Qi Refining cultivator," Han Li said calmly, without changing his expression.

"A defensive magical treasure?" After hearing the detailed introduction, the old Taoist's eyes lit up with excitement once again.

Among all types of magical treasures, defensive ones were the rarest and most precious. If the old Taoist had to accumulate spiritual stones to buy an upper-grade defensive magical treasure, he probably wouldn't have the opportunity in his lifetime.

"All right, I'll do my best with this matter," the old Taoist finally agreed after some hesitation.

It seemed that the saying "birds die for food, and humans die for wealth" was applicable in the cultivation world as well!