Chapter 272: One Year

The person Han Li had in mind was naturally Qi Yunxiao, with whom he had made a pact several years ago.

Since Qi Yunxiao's friend was skilled in the "Inverted Five Elements Array," he must be knowledgeable about other formations as well. Considering that the ancient teleportation array was a type of formation, Han Li thought that his friend might be able to repair it.

With this in mind, Han Li was greatly moved and calculated the time. The day they had agreed to meet wasn't far off. However, with tasks being assigned at any moment, he couldn't go find him immediately. It seemed he would have to find another way later.

Feeling somewhat disheartened after some contemplation, Han Li lost interest in flipping through the books on formations and left the Tianzhi Pavilion to return to his cave residence.

Back in his cave, Han Li noticed that the spider eggs seemed to have grown significantly, indicating that the Spring of Spiritual Eyes indeed accelerated their hatching.

Acting quickly, Han Li drew a simple control formation, a basic method for controlling monster eggs, and then dripped some blood onto it. Placing the spider eggs inside, he activated the formation, allowing the eggs to absorb all the blood before returning them to the spring.

Just as Han Li finished this task, he received a flying talisman transmission instructing him to assemble at the council hall urgently.

His heart skipped a beat, knowing that a task had finally come.

...

On the main battlefield between the Seven Sects and the Six Sects, in a chaotic area of rocks near the border between Yueguo and Cheqiguo, Han Li commanded two transformed Black Dragon Seizing Souls and several golden blades to relentlessly besiege a Foundation Establishment stage disciple of the Ghost Sect.

Although the opponent was enveloped in billowing black qi and emitted a terrifying aura with several skull phantoms faintly audible, under the relentless barrage of attacks from Han Li's two sets of magic treasures, they soon found a flaw and were chopped into pieces.

With practiced efficiency, Han Li grabbed the opponent's storage pouch, causing them to vanish into the desolate wilderness.

With his gains secured, and the sky growing dark, it was time for the Nascent Soul stage cultivators from both the demonic and righteous paths to come out and fight.

If things escalated and he got caught in it, the casualties would be unjust!

Han Li shuddered at the memory of witnessing battles between Nascent Soul stage cultivators in the past!

Within several miles, the battles between the disciples of the Sword Control Sect and the Spirit Puppet Sect had turned everything upside down, nearly dragging him into the chaos even though he was several miles away.

Since then, as soon as night fell, he would return early, even if it meant returning empty-handed.

A year ago, he was tasked with escorting a shipment of spiritual stones to this place, only to be left behind and become a senior cannon fodder for the Seven Sects. He had participated in several large-scale battles involving thousands of people in a row, and even more frequently engaged in skirmishes like the one just now, fighting scattered enemies in the depths of the wilderness.

Strangely, since the second round of battles between the demonic and righteous paths ended in a draw, the two sides had gradually settled into a strange rhythm of fighting once a month, with strange skirmishes occurring daily.

In these major battles, although both sides fought fiercely, casualties were few. Unless they were truly determined to fight to the death, neither side could easily harm the other due to the protective barriers.