Chapter 294: Flames Manipulation Technique

"Hmph! Sneaking into the house, it's either thievery or adultery! Dare to play tricks, watch me..." The old Taoist, perhaps accustomed to flattery from the palace, shouted without thinking.

But when he habitually used his divine sense to glance at Han Li, his angry face immediately froze, then turned pale.

"Y-you... are a Foundation Establishment senior?" The old Taoist stuttered, his eyes showing disbelief.

"Haven't you used spells to see?" Han Li's smile faded, speaking calmly.

"E-elder, please don't blame me. The junior has never seen a senior who has reached Foundation Establishment. The highest cultivation I've seen is only a Qi Refining stage cultivator at the eleventh or twelfth level. I couldn't judge your cultivation level! All I know is that your cultivation is unfathomable!" The old Taoist stammered, explaining hastily with a worried expression.

Han Li, seeing that the old Taoist didn't show fear like the old man surnamed Xiao, but rather a hint of excitement, was surprised at first, but then understood the other party's intention after a moment of thought.

This white-haired Taoist, at his age, still lingering at the sixth level of Qi Refining, was likely either a wandering cultivator or had poor aptitude, unable to interact with high-level cultivators. After all, even wandering cultivators only interacted with cultivators of similar cultivation levels.

Now, encountering him, a Foundation Establishment senior, was undoubtedly a rare encounter for him, and he probably wanted to gain some benefits from Han Li!

Realizing this, Han Li couldn't help but smile. If the other party could satisfy him, he didn't mind giving him some benefits.

At this moment, Han Li looked at the old Taoist and said slowly, "You guessed right, I am indeed a Foundation Establishment cultivator."

The white-haired old Taoist's expression became even more respectful, and of course, there was also a hint of excitement in his eyes.

"I wonder if the senior suddenly appeared here, is there anything you want to instruct the junior?" The Taoist asked respectfully.

He was quite savvy, knowing that if he wanted to gain some benefits from Han Li, he had to do something.

Han Li, hearing this, looked satisfied and said with a light smile, "Let's talk about your background first. Today, I saw the fire manipulation technique you performed in the palace, which was quite impressive!" Han Li praised him sincerely.

The old Taoist was surprised to hear Han Li's words. He hadn't expected this senior to have seen his performance. He hurriedly replied humbly, "I dare not, I am ashamed in front of the senior! I can only show off in the manipulation of fire techniques, but my other cultivation methods are a mess! As for my background, there's nothing much to say. When I was young, I accidentally obtained a book called 'Flame Manipulation Technique' from a dying cultivator, which led me into the world of cultivation. Unfortunately, my aptitude was poor, and with no one to guide me, I only managed to reach the sixth level."

"Is your fire manipulation technique from that book?" Han Li became interested and asked casually.

"No, it's not. When I reached a bottleneck in my cultivation, unable to progress further, I reluctantly came up with this trick. But after decades of refinement, it became my proudest skill."

"You developed it yourself?" Han Li was surprised and looked at the old Taoist again, showing some astonishment.

"Yes, senior! I even wrote down my technique in a book called 'Flames Manipulation Technique.' If senior doesn't mind, please accept it and give me some guidance!" The old Taoist, seeing that Han Li seemed interested in his fire manipulation technique, quickly took out a thin book from his pocket and respectfully handed it to Han Li.