Chapter 248: Contest for Supremacy

"In the previous matches, there were some casualties, which is quite normal. However, these people seem to practice some obscure techniques. They are proficient in various dark and poisonous arts. Every disciple who fought them ended up either fainting inexplicably or suffering from severe poisoning. Their injuries were extremely severe and couldn't be easily treated! Fortunately, no disciple has been seriously injured to the point of death yet. This is considered a great fortune amidst misfortune! Sigh, I'm really ashamed for you two to witness such a scene at the Yan Family!" Yan Yu said with a look of embarrassment.

"However, when we left, we heard that the elders couldn't sit still anymore. They have sent for disciples from my elder brother's training hall. They are the elite disciples of our Yan Family, who have mastered secret techniques. They will definitely give these people a good lesson." Yan Ling couldn't help but interject, waving her small fist enthusiastically.

"Nonsense! How can a young girl like you talk about fighting all day long? Now that we have escorted these guests back, it's time to send another wave of disciples to greet them. We can't keep other guests waiting too long," Yan Yu reprimanded his younger sister sternly, then dismissed the somewhat displeased girl.

At this point, he turned to explain to Han Li and the others:

"Because there have been many guests recently, and the situation is chaotic, our Yan Family has partially lifted the protective restrictions around the fortress. Now, certain areas inside the fortress cannot release long-range spells like transmission symbols, so my sister had to personally go there! Originally, my sister and I were not in charge of receiving guests, but due to the shortage of manpower and some unwelcome visitors, we had to temporarily lend a hand." After Yan Yu finished speaking, he glanced at a distance, where the Yan Family disciples and the strange man were already engaged in a magical battle.

"So, Brother Yu is actually one of the elite disciples of the Yan Family. You must be highly valued by the Yan Family!" Dong Xuan'er's eyes sparkled with admiration, and she smiled charmingly. Her originally beautiful face became even more charming, causing Yan Yu to momentarily lose focus.

"Well, uh, yes!" Yan Yu muttered, not knowing what he was saying. He just felt that this Miss Dong was too beautiful, almost no different from his dream lover!

"Giggle! Then..."

"Yan Brother, would it be convenient for you to watch the contest over there? I want to see who dares to cause trouble at the Yan Family!" Dong Xuan'er found the expression on Yan Yu's face amusing, giggled a few times, and was about to tease him further! However, before she could continue, Han Li, who was standing aside, suddenly spoke up, interrupting her words.

"Ah... watch? Of course you can! My cousin, who is competing over there, is one of the top ten disciples in the Hall of Martial Arts in terms of profound techniques. He will surely give them a good show!" Awakened by Han Li's words, Yan Yu was momentarily surprised, then readily agreed.

Hearing this, Han Li smiled faintly, knowing that Yan Yu had no reason to stop him and probably believed they had a good chance of winning.

So the three of them flew to the vicinity of the contest arena and walked towards the crowd of spectators.

After getting closer, Han Li was surprised to find that there were over a hundred cultivators watching the contest. Most of them, judging by their attire, were not from Yue Country but from other countries, which was quite strange!

Han Li was puzzled, but as a guest, he didn't think it was appropriate to ask too many questions! He just kept the doubts to himself and pretended not to notice.

On the other hand, Dong Xuan'er, while still smiling and chatting with Yan Yu, couldn't conceal the hint of surprise in her eyes, which Han Li noticed. It seemed that this woman was not just a vase!