Chapter 242: Making Talismans

Han Li carefully put away the two golden pages and then began to plan his future actions.

Since he was going to cultivate the Green Yuan Sword Art and the Third Transformation Heavy Yuan Technique, he needed to make full use of the mysterious green liquid in the small bottle. Therefore, he had to quickly gather the alchemy ingredients listed on the ancient formulas. He would hurry to cultivate whatever he could at hand and not hesitate to gather or purchase what he lacked.

Thinking about the components of the green liquid, aside from spiritual power, Han Li still found them mysterious and unpredictable. Simply relying on spiritual energy wouldn't produce such miraculous effects on plant cultivation.

When he entered the Yellow Maple Valley, he had experimented several times with the diluted green liquid. However, regardless of how diluted it was, any animal that drank water containing even a trace of the green liquid would explode. It seemed that the problem wasn't about dilution but rather the mysterious components in the liquid.

After getting the same result multiple times, Han Li reluctantly gave up.

However, he felt that using the small bottle only for alchemy seemed too narrow-minded! The miraculous effect of promoting plant growth with the green liquid could definitely be more useful, so it seemed wasteful to neglect it.

Now, after careful consideration, Han Li decided that, besides magical treasures and techniques, intermediate and higher-level talismans were essential in battles during the Foundation Establishment stage. However, these talismans were exorbitantly priced, often costing tens of spiritual stones each, which Han Li found outrageous.

However, many intermediate and higher-level elemental spells were incredibly powerful and could be life-saving. Although these spells required a significant amount of spiritual power and time, it was necessary to have a few on hand for emergencies.

Han Li decided to focus on making talismans, especially intermediate-level ones. The materials for making talismans, whether low or intermediate level, were made from certain long-aged spiritual herbs, which suited Han Li perfectly as he could make full use of the bottle's miraculous effects.

As for advanced talismans, they required special materials like the skin of certain exotic beasts, which Han Li couldn't access at the moment.

The cinnabar used for making talismans wasn't too picky. It was mostly made from the blood of spiritual beasts, easily obtained by extracting from captive beasts and didn't cost much.

The brushes used for making talismans were a bit particular, but Han Li had a golden bamboo brush that should suffice.

Thinking of the golden bamboo brush, Han Li naturally thought of the shy Hanyunzhi girl. He couldn't help but smile faintly, imagining her still on Ling Beast Mountain!

But in the blink of an eye, Han Li refocused his mind and reconsidered the feasibility and implications of making talismans.

With the tools and a steady supply of materials, the most significant limitation for a talisman maker was the consumption of spiritual materials. However, this wasn't a problem for Han Li. The only restriction for him was the cultivation of intermediate-level elemental spells.

Because to make a certain type of talisman, the talisman maker must first be able to cast the corresponding spell. Otherwise, they couldn't inscribe the spell onto the talisman. After all, a talisman was just a method of sealing a spell in advance.

Thinking about the need to cultivate intermediate-level spells, Han Li felt a headache!

Whether it was due to his mixed spiritual roots or not, he seemed to have no talent for cultivating elemental spells. Even after spending several times the effort and time of an ordinary cultivator, he often gained nothing, unable to grasp the essence of the spells!