Chapter 291: The Xiao Family

The handsome young prince, oblivious to Han Li's thoughts, engaged in polite conversation with several acquaintances from the Qin family, causing two young ladies to blush and flutter with affection.

Han Li sneered inwardly.

This young prince was definitely trouble. If those Qin family girls really threw themselves at him, they would end up regretting it.

Even if this young prince devoured him whole, Han Li wouldn't find it surprising!

After a while, Prince Xin bid farewell to Qin Yan and others and proceeded to the next table. This left the Qin family youths chatting happily with the prince and the two grandchildren of the elderly man named Xiao, as well as the grandson and granddaughter of the Hua family, feeling somewhat disappointed.

However, while no one was paying attention, Han Li glanced at the prince's back and his eyes flashed with contemplation.

The banquet finally ended after more than a few hours.

Guests, having enjoyed themselves, began to take their leave from Prince Xin's residence.

Qin Yan, accompanied by Han Li and others, bid their farewells and left directly through the main gate of Prince Xin's residence.

However, just as Elder Qin was about to board the carriage with Han Li, Han Li suddenly asked a question that surprised Qin Yan.

"Uncle Qin, who are those two? Could you tell me about them?"

Although Han Li spoke politely, Elder Qin didn't dare to be neglectful. He quickly turned his head to look and said:

"Which two are you referring to, Han nephew? Oh, isn't that Mr. Xiao from the Xiao family? He is the owner of the famous Cloud and Wine Tower in Yuejing City. He keeps a low profile and I don't know him well. As for the young man with him, he seems unfamiliar; he might be one of his grandchildren."

Qin Yan, seeing the two individuals Han Li was interested in, showed a surprised expression, wondering why Han Li was interested in them.

"Oh, I see! Uncle Qin, please go ahead. I'll stay a bit longer and return to the mansion later," Han Li nodded thoughtfully and said casually.

Without waiting for Qin Yan to say anything, Han Li slowly walked towards a side path along the mansion wall.

Qin Yan looked at Han Li's departing figure with some confusion, then glanced at the elderly man from the Xiao family who was sneakily looking in their direction from afar, feeling a bit puzzled.

But after thinking for a moment, he decisively boarded the carriage and instructed the coachman to leave.

Thus, several carriages from the Qin family left the front gate of Prince Xin's residence and headed towards the Qin residence in the Eastern District.

Meanwhile, the Qin family youths didn't notice Han Li's disappearance at all. They were still discussing what they had seen and heard at Prince Xin's residence on the last two carriages.

They were extremely excited! Although they hadn't formed any immortal bonds, they definitely had capital to boast to their peers when they returned.

As for Han Li, after walking for about a cup of tea's time, he finally arrived at the rear gate of Prince Xin's residence.

The tall rear gate was tightly closed, with no one in sight.

Han Li smiled, thinking it was just right, saving him the trouble of using any concealment techniques.

He stood boldly at the back gate, idly looking up at the sky.

After a while, Han Li began to daydream, lost in thought.