Chapter 344 Array to Exterminate Demons

Han Li didn't bother to study the scattered particles in detail. After searching the area and confirming that there was nothing left behind, he began to consider dealing with the giant mantis.

He didn't want to let this demon beast go, especially considering its formidable forelimbs, which were rare materials for refining in the cultivation world.

As for the idea of capturing and subduing the beast alive, Han Li hesitated for a moment before giving up.

Because he knew very well that any demon beast that could be controlled by cultivators must have been restricted and tamed from a young age. Trying to claim a powerful spiritual beast that wasn't raised by oneself was simply wishful thinking.

The cultivators of the Mystic Spirit Sect, for example, couldn't control the giant mantis precisely because they had lost their bodies and become someone else. Otherwise, once such a demon beast was tamed and matured, they would be loyal for life, far more loyal than humans.

As for the matter of informing the Seven Sects Alliance about the situation, Han Li thought for a moment but couldn't be sure of the truthfulness of what the Mystic Spirit Sect cultivator had said. Therefore, he decided to linger in this place for a few more days to see if he could gather more information before making a move.

After all, his speed was fast enough that even if he delayed for a few days, he could still make it to the Seven Sects' main camp on time.

So, Han Li spent a day setting up the "Inverted Five Elements Array" in the dense forest not far from the cave.

This time, Han Li didn't just hastily set up part of the array as he did in the palace battle but instead completed the entire array, making its power incomparable to before.

During this period, he also witnessed the giant mantis go out to hunt once.

This time, it brought back a huge black tiger, which amazed Han Li for quite some time.

A black tiger was something he had never seen before, indicating that it was not an ordinary beast. Unfortunately, such a rare creature ended up as a meal for the giant mantis.

Once fully prepared with his plan, Han Li stealthily entered the cave at noon.

However, in just a moment, he hurriedly flew out with his Divine Wind Boat, heading straight for the direction of the array.

The black shadow chasing closely behind him was, of course, the alarmed giant mantis.

Because the array was set up close by, Han Li had just flown out of the cave when he entered the coverage of the array with his next step. Although the mantis demon had some intelligence, how could it understand formations? It was easily ensnared by Han Li's trap and trapped within the array.

For the next two days, Han Li allowed the giant mantis to rampage wildly inside the Inverted Five Elements Array, fully utilizing the array's illusionary effect to confine it to the several acres of space.

Only when the demon beast seemed exhausted and wanted to rest in the array did Han Li release numerous puppets outside the array to harass it, preventing it from resting for even a moment.

This mantis demon belonged to the type with high attack but average defense. It dared not let the puppets' attacks get too close and could only constantly wield its forelimbs to protect its body.

As a result, after just half a day of continuous harassment, the demon beast couldn't hold on any longer and began to be hit by the puppets. Although its injuries were not severe, it was evident that its stamina was almost depleted. At this time, Han Li took turns to swap the driving spirit stones for the puppets five or six times.