Chapter 236 Ancient Formula

"Exchange for alchemy formulas?"

The chubby man's originally smiling face immediately stiffened!

"Disciple understands that these alchemy formulas are treasures as precious as life to senior brothers and senior uncles, so I won't be picky! As long as it can slightly improve my cultivation speed during the Foundation Establishment period, I won't be picky!" Han Li said earnestly.

Since Han Li learned about the specific situation of alchemy formulas in the cultivation world from a conversation with the old man, he had been scheming to collect some formulas for his own use. After all, with his secret method of ripening herbs, how could he not maximize this advantage?

However, most of the better alchemy formulas were held by Core Formation cultivators. Even if Foundation Establishment disciples had one or two formulas, they could only refine insignificant pills. So, originally, Han Li planned to target his master, Li Huayuan. But now that he met this Thunder Senior, Han Li immediately changed his plan.

Because no matter how you look at it, this Thunder Senior is easier to deal with than his master.

This wasn't just Han Li's opinion; Li Huayuan was indeed a bit too stingy with him. Furthermore, because of their master-disciple relationship, Li Huayuan was even more difficult to deal with.

Most likely, if he used the same method on Li Huayuan today, as long as he casually praised him with "Your filial piety is commendable!" he could legitimately take these two spiritual herbs. Then Han Li would have to express his gratitude to his master with a grateful expression.

Now that he finally encountered other Core Formation cultivators, he naturally had to seize this rare opportunity!

"Want to exchange for alchemy formulas! This is indeed a troublesome matter." Thunder Wanhe seemed to think of something, and his expression finally softened. But he furrowed his brows and looked uncertain!

Seeing this, Han Li didn't feel disappointed; instead, he thought to himself, "There's definitely a chance!" Otherwise, Thunder Wanhe wouldn't have this expression.

"As long as it's useful to me, any alchemy formula will do, and I won't make it difficult for senior uncle!" Han Li quickly lowered his standards again.

"Han nephew, it's true that there are some good alchemy formulas here, but these things are all secret family recipes passed down through generations and cannot be exchanged!" Thunder Wanhe shook his head regretfully.

Han Li listened, extremely disappointed! His disappointment was clear on his face. Seeing this, the chubby man saw it all, but just chuckled and said:

"Although I can't exchange the family alchemy formulas, I do have a few ancient formulas here! Some were found in ruins, while others were exchanged with friends. There's no problem exchanging them with you."

"Really! Then, thank you very much, senior uncle!" Han Li was overjoyed and quickly expressed his gratitude.

"Hold on, wait until I finish speaking before you thank me!" The chubby man waved his hand, not taking it seriously.

"If you want to exchange, I, as your senior uncle, have to make some things clear first." The chubby man said seriously, which caught Han Li off guard!

"Please, senior uncle, speak. I will listen carefully!" Han Li immediately replied respectfully.

"What listening carefully? I just want to make it clear upfront so you won't regret it later!" Thunder Wanhe glanced at Han Li and said indifferently.

"If you get the alchemy formulas and can't find all the ingredients for alchemy, you can try finding some substitutes. Maybe there's a chance of success!" The chubby man said solemnly to Han Li.

Han Li was speechless! But he knew that Thunder Wanhe probably felt a bit guilty about giving him the alchemy formulas, thinking that it would be difficult for Han Li to gather all the ingredients. So, he gave him a heads-up in advance!

In this way, Thunder Wanhe's heart wasn't bad after all! Han Li thought silently. However, on the surface, he still maintained a obedient appearance and repeatedly assured Thunder Wanhe that he wouldn't regret the exchange!

Seeing this, Thunder Wanhe felt happy but still thought he had taken advantage of his nephew too much. Feeling a bit guilty, he said:

"Alright, since you have two spiritual herbs here, let's exchange one herb for one formula! I can't let you suffer too much, nephew!"

Han Li was slightly surprised to hear this but then became ecstatic. His fondness for Thunder Wanhe increased significantly!

He thanked Thunder Wanhe repeatedly, this time genuinely, without any falsehood!

"Alright, here's the catalog of alchemy formulas. Pick two!" Thunder Wanhe took out a jade slip and threw it to Han Li.

Han Li, excitedly took the jade slip and carefully searched for suitable alchemy formulas.

"I'll choose the Spirit Gathering Pill and Qi Refining Powder!" After searching through the jade slip, Han Li exclaimed excitedly.

"Spirit Gathering Pill, Qi Refining Powder?" The chubby man nodded faintly after hearing this, and without saying anything more, he immediately took out two more jade slips from his storage pouch and tossed them over.

"Alright, it's getting late, I should go back!" After happily storing the spiritual herbs on the table, the chubby man immediately bid farewell. Now that he had all the ingredients, he needed to hurry back to refine his Yuan Increasing Pill!

Han Li hurriedly stood up to see him off.

But as he walked to the entrance of the cave, Han Li suddenly remembered something. He asked about the whereabouts of his master, Li Huayuan, and the location of his cave.

The chubby man was surprised to learn that Han Li was Li Huayuan's named disciple, but still told him the location before leaving in a flash of silver light.

Han Li watched Thunder Wanhe disappear completely from the sky before happily taking out the jade slip containing the alchemy formulas and playing with it for a while. After a long time, he turned around to return to the cave!

However, just as Han Li took a few steps, something near the cave entrance caught his attention. At a glance, he saw Lin Shixiong's body lying curled up there, still maintaining the posture when the chubby man threw it out.

After a moment of hesitation, Han Li walked over without hesitation. Standing in front of the body, he began to search.

He remembered very clearly that Thunder Wanhe hadn't touched anything on the body. Whether it was because he felt embarrassed in front of his junior or because he simply looked down on a Foundation Establishment disciple's belongings.

Sure enough, Han Li found a storage pouch in the body's embrace.

This made Han Li smile with joy! After all, he was very interested in these puppets, and there should be a lot of them in the storage pouch!

But after checking the storage pouch, the smile on Han Li's face gradually disappeared. Because there wasn't a single puppet in the storage pouch. Apart from a few spirit stones and two bottles of ordinary pills, there was only an inconspicuous jade slip. This extinguished Han Li's enthusiasm!

"Clearly, he controlled so many puppets back then. How come not a single one is left now? Were they all destroyed?" Han Li muttered to himself, looking unhappy.

Han Li's guess was almost correct.

Originally, Lin Shixiong had many

puppets under his control and could fight evenly with his opponents. But later, the four brothers from the Qianzhu Sect, after killing the two fleeing cultivators, came to support him. Seeing the situation wasn't good, Lin Shixiong immediately detonated all his puppets and took advantage of the chaos to break through the encirclement. So there wasn't a single puppet left in the storage pouch!

Disappointed, Han Li casually took out the jade slip. Then, as if it were routine, he probed into it and glanced around.

As a result, Han Li's eyes widened suddenly, and his lazy expression froze.

Because as soon as his spiritual sense entered the jade slip, three golden characters appeared: "Great Void Art"!