Chapter 369 Challenge (1)

Han Li sized up these guards. Although there was no fluctuation of spiritual power on their bodies, each of them was agile, indicating they had practiced some basic martial arts.

But what intrigued him the most was the cylindrical object. These guards, without any spiritual power, could still use it to identify cultivators. Truly a marvel.

Han Li couldn't help but take a few more glances at the cylinder.

Seeing his curiosity, Wang Changqing beside him explained with a smile, "That's the Spirit Plate, which allows us ordinary people to discern the identities of cultivators!"

"Spirit Plate?" Han Li's expression changed slightly upon hearing this term, but he quickly recalled the palm-sized jade plate embedded at one end of the cylinder and nodded lightly without saying anything else.

Next, under Han Li's cold gaze, the beast-drawn carriage continued along a street paved with white stones towards the city center.

There were many pedestrians on the road, constantly coming and going, and it seemed to get busier the further they went.

Most of these people wore white clothes, and even if there were other colors, they were all light, such as pale yellow or light green, without a single person dressing brightly.

Moreover, there was an obvious distinction in status among these people, with one or two well-dressed individuals often walking in the front, followed closely by three or four people in slightly worn clothes, obviously of lower status.

As the number of people and carriages increased, Han Li and the others had to slow down to continue moving forward.

After much effort, the beast-drawn carriage finally reached a huge square in the center of the city.

The square covered tens of acres and was packed with people. Han Li looked around and saw heads everywhere.

And the crowds from all directions continued to pour into the square.

Numerous shops crowded the perimeter of the square, filled with people. In the middle of the shops were some temporary stalls, equally crowded. In the center, even more people were eagerly conversing, making the scene bustling and lively.

Han Li looked on, feeling somewhat overwhelmed. He estimated that with so many people standing so densely, there were at least tens of thousands of people crowded into the square at the same time.

Naturally, the beast-drawn carriage couldn't continue forward in such a situation.

Master Gu led the way down from the carriage, taking Han Li and the others, and walked towards a palace-like building on the edge of the square.

The palace-like building was about ten meters high, obviously taller than the other buildings.

And in front of the huge palace gate stood a row of guards holding glistening spears, guarding there and not allowing anyone to approach casually.

"Today is the monthly market day of Kuei Star Island, so the people of Dongshi City are several times more crowded than usual. Basically, people from more than ten towns in the east will come here to trade some rare items that are not usually available," Master Gu explained everything to Han Li as he walked forward.

Han Li smiled faintly and followed him to the front of the palace.

Master Gu went forward and said a few words to the guard, who waved his hand, indicating that they could enter.

So, Master Gu hurriedly beckoned Han Li and Wang Changqing, and they went in together.

As soon as they entered the palace gate, it felt much cooler and quieter. There were dozens of people who seemed to have some status standing in groups of three or five on the corridor behind the gate, whispering to each other. When they saw Master Gu's arrival, they all looked at him with some hostility.