Chapter 244 Double Cultivation

"What do you mean, satisfied?"

Upon hearing this, Han Li felt increasingly uneasy. Later, as Li Huayuan continued to praise him incessantly, Han Li's sense of foreboding grew stronger!

He noticed that the young girl had been stealing glances at him since he entered the room, her expression filled with displeasure. Moreover, when the woman in red praised him, she seemed to stiffen slightly, quickly lowering her head.

At the same time, a hostile gaze swept towards Han Li, causing him to glance back in surprise, only to find his seventh senior brother, Wu Xuan, whom he had just brought in.

When Wu Xuan sensed Han Li's gaze, a look of surprise flashed across his face, and he immediately averted his eyes, appearing somewhat guilty.

Seeing this, Han Li was even more puzzled! However, he maintained his usual calm demeanor, unintentionally displaying a sense of composure that impressed the woman in red.

"Yes, this is the one. I find him quite suitable. I'll take Xuan'er back first, and then wait patiently for Junior Brother's decision!" The woman in red nodded and suddenly spoke.

"Sister, rest assured, I will make the arrangements when the time comes."

Seeing the woman about to leave, Li Huayuan hastily agreed to something, and together with the young woman, they got up to see them off. Then, while Han Li was still puzzled, the woman in red and her disciple left.

When Li Huayuan and his wife, along with Han Li and the others, returned to the main hall, their faces were full of joy. Even the silent young woman was smiling.

Once they were seated again, the couple kept scrutinizing Han Li, making him feel uneasy. What were they up to?

"Han Li, I must congratulate you first!" After staring at Han Li with delight for a while, Li Huayuan suddenly blurted out, catching Han Li off guard.

"Disciple truly doesn't know what there is to be congratulated about, and I hope Master will enlighten me!" Han Li suppressed the ominous feeling in his heart and respectfully replied.

"Hehe! This is a great opportunity. Senior Sister Hong Fu has taken a liking to you and intends for you to become partners in double cultivation with her disciple!" Before Li Huayuan could respond, his wife unraveled the mystery, leaving Han Li dumbfounded for a moment.

"Partners in double cultivation?" Han Li murmured to himself, caught off guard by this unexpected turn of events.

"What do you think? This is an opportunity that others can only dream of! You should know that there aren't many female disciples on the mountain, and even fewer who have successfully formed their Foundation. Double cultivation is an excellent method to enhance both male and female cultivators' progress. Others would search high and low for such an opportunity!" Li Huayuan explained with delight.

For him, establishing a relationship with the powerful Senior Sister Hong Fu would be greatly beneficial. After all, Senior Sister Hong Fu was one of the top-ranking Foundation Establishment cultivators in the entire Yue Country's cultivation world! Moreover, she was second only to the Patriarch in the Yellow Maple Valley and was among the most powerful cultivators there.

Thinking about the benefits of having a disciple-in-law, Li Huayuan, usually stern and traditional, couldn't help but smile.

"As for your qualifications, there's nothing to be picky about. Senior Sister's disciple, the girl standing next to her, although not as outstanding as you, has managed to form her Foundation with some difficulty. If it weren't for her being a close relative of Senior Sister, she probably wouldn't have received such special attention!" Li Huayuan continued to explain.

After a pause, he sighed and added, "To be honest, I didn't initially consider recommending you. Instead, I summoned your seventh senior brother. Despite his appearance and qualifications being superior to yours, he failed to impress Senior Sister. Although I noticed some interest from that Dong girl."

After saying this, Li Huayuan glanced at Wu Xuan, causing his face to turn red and appear somewhat embarrassed.

Han Li suddenly realized that his senior brother's coldness and hostility towards him were probably due to being eliminated as a candidate. It seemed he had taken a liking to the girl! However, Li Huayuan's mention of the Dong girl occasionally reminded Han Li of the incident where he killed "Senior Brother Lu".

That "Senior Brother Lu" seemed to mention the names of the Dong girl and Senior Sister Hong Fu that night. Could it be that the girl he had an affair with was this woman?

Thinking of this, Han Li felt extremely uncomfortable, and his impression of Senior Sister Hong Fu's disciple plummeted, losing any goodwill he had. Despite considering Li Huayuan's analysis, his initial interest was completely extinguished.

In fact, Han Li wasn't particularly opposed to double cultivation, especially with another disciple of a Foundation Establishment cultivator. There were countless benefits to becoming cultivation partners. However, his reluctance stemmed from his many secrets; he couldn't afford to have someone so close to him.

Now, Han Li was even less inclined to agree to this absurd proposal. He had no interest in picking up someone else's girlfriend! Moreover, judging by the Dong girl's demeanor, she probably only had eyes for handsome and charming men, not someone like him.

With these thoughts in mind, Han Li hesitated and awkwardly spoke up:

"I still find this matter somewhat inappropriate. Firstly, it's too sudden, and I'm not mentally prepared for it. Secondly, it seems that Senior Sister's disciple is not pleased with me. Although she may be pressured by her master to form a partnership, forcing it won't lead to a happy outcome. I suggest Master find other candidates; there may be someone more suitable!"

After hearing these words from Han Li, it was evident that he was refusing, which surprised Li Huayuan and his wife.

While Li Huayuan remained composed, his wife seemed to understand something and remained silent. However, his master frowned slightly, showing signs of displeasure.

"You heard it yourself; I promised Senior Sister Hong Fu about this matter. I can't go back on my word. Even if there are more suitable candidates, I won't go back on my promise. As for your concern about the Dong girl's feelings, it's unnecessary worry! We cultivators have many cultivation partners who initially weren't compatible. They became harmonious after spending time together!" Li Huayuan's tone became stern, with a hint of reprimand.

Han Li inwardly lamented at this turn of events. Finding an excuse to refuse immediately was proving to be quite difficult! However, just as he was grappling with the situation, the wife suddenly spoke, surprising Li Huayuan and providing Han Li with a way out.

"Han Li, you entered the valley around the same time as the Dong girl, and there isn't much difference in the time it took for both of you to form your Foundations. Have you heard any rumors during this time?"

"What rumors?" Li Huayuan was taken aback by his wife's words and asked in surprise. Then, seeing Han Li's silent confirmation, he was even more surprised.

"These are just some fragments of conversation I heard when chatting with a few close friends. It shouldn't be taken seriously!" The wife bit her lip, looking reluctant to speak.

"You two, leave us

for a moment. Only Han Li will stay!" Li Huayuan, after some contemplation, suddenly waved his hand, instructing the two disciples, Song Meng and Wu Xuan, who were standing by, to leave the room. This left only Han Li with his master.

Song Meng didn't seem to mind and left after bowing, but Wu Xuan, though obedient to his master's command, still looked somewhat unwilling. His gaze towards Han Li was particularly strange, prompting Han Li to ponder over it.