Chapter 323 Slaying the Demon

Activating a true treasure was much more difficult than using an ordinary talisman, which was why Liu Jing had asked his fellow disciples to protect him. He didn't want to end up like his unfortunate junior sister. Therefore, after releasing a yellow ring-shaped magical artifact to surround himself, he finally sat down with confidence and began to infuse his mana into the fiery red true treasure.

The fiery red talisman in Liu Jing's palm began to emit a bright red light, and the firebird in the talisman became increasingly agile and lively, as if it could burst out of the talisman at any moment. It seemed that the moment the bird burst out would be the moment of successful activation.

Although Han Li was entangled with the Ice Demon on the ground, he understood that his fellow disciples were using other means. He felt relieved knowing that they were not retreating out of fear. He dreaded the idea of them leaving and later finding it impossible to retrieve the item from the Black Fiend Sect's leader.

Since he didn't need to worry about other matters, Han Li's attention naturally focused entirely on his opponent. Despite the burden on his body from using the Smoke Weaving Step, he couldn't afford to prolong this high-speed battle any longer. He had to take the risk and go all out.

With this in mind, Han Li waved his silver sword to keep the Ice Demon at bay while quietly using his finger to pull out an item from his storage pouch and wrap it around his ring finger.

Once this was done, with a flash of killing intent in his eyes, Han Li suddenly swung his sword fiercely, attacking with all his might. The speed of this strike far exceeded all his previous attacks, catching the Ice Demon off guard. It quickly retreated while raising its crystal-clear ice claws to block.

With a clear clang, the Ice Demon sneered as its backward momentum increased. But just as it seemed to be pulling away from Han Li, a hint of ridicule appeared on Han Li's face.

As the Ice Demon sensed something amiss, Han Li released his grip on the sword and swiftly pulled back.

As a result, the Ice Demon's backward momentum inexplicably halted, and it began hurtling towards Han Li instead. At that moment, Han Li wielded his sword with both hands in a fierce slashing motion. His face remained expressionless.

Seeing this, the Ice Demon's expression turned to horror, and it desperately struggled to escape. But it was too late. In the blink of an eye, it was in front of Han Li. With a slight flick of his silver sword, countless silver rays flashed and disappeared, and the two of them passed each other in an instant. Then, both of their figures appeared under the moonlight. Han Li stood with his sword, while the Ice Demon fell heavily to the ground.

This scene was closely observed by Song Meng and the others in the air, causing them to become nervous.

The Ice Demon staggered to its feet, looking at Han Li's back with a sneer. Just as it was about to say something, its expression suddenly froze.

A series of crisp cracking sounds echoed, and the Ice Demon's transparent body was covered in countless fine cracks. In an instant, these cracks lengthened, and the entire Ice Demon shattered into crystal-clear ice fragments, piling up on the ground.

In the crystalline debris, a complete sharp claw extended halfway, still exuding a chilling aura. Only this object could withstand Han Li's swift cuts without any damage.

Han Li glanced coldly at the shattered remains of the Ice Demon, then raised his head to look at the three blood-red cocoons nearby, furrowing his brows slightly.

He silently waved his hand, and an ice claw flew straight towards him.

In the reflection of the moonlight, one could faintly see a transparent thread connecting Han Li and the ice claw. This was the fatal reason for the Ice Demon's demise.