Chapter 357 White Pool Mountain

The western peak of White Pool Mountain was larger than Han Li had imagined.

On the entire peak, there stood not only an ancient temple but also a dozen or so stone pavilions, where groups of cultivators were engaged in discussions.

Of course, scattered around the pavilions and temple, there were also some cultivators walking back and forth.

It seemed that some people were eager to arrive early for this gathering at White Pool Mountain.

Han Li hovered in the air above the peak for a while, then circled around before landing in a secluded corner of the peak.

With Qu Hún by his side, Han Li casually made his way towards several nearby stone pavilions.

With Han Li's powerful spiritual sense, he soon grasped the conversations of the cultivators inside the pavilions.

Among them, one stone pavilion where four cultivators were engaged in earnest discussion caught Han Li's attention.

Han Li listened for a moment and realized they were discussing the recent battle between the Seven Sects of Yue Country and the Devil Path. His spirits lifted, and he approached without hesitation.

"The major defeat of the Devil Path this time not only forced the Six Sects of Yue Country to flee their homeland one after another but also poses a great danger to our Elemental Martial and Purple Gold countries. Now it depends on whether the Devil Path will strike our Elemental Martial first or attack Purple Gold." A middle-aged man with a pale face sighed.

"Yes, in the last battle, not only did the Six Sects suffer heavy losses, but also five or six percent of the cultivators who went to help were sacrificed! This time, the major sects like the Heavenly Star Sect will be in a panic!" Another young man in his twenties said with glee.

Upon hearing the young man's words, the other three men, two of them old, remained calm without much reaction. But the middle-aged man who spoke initially couldn't help but smile bitterly and was about to say something more.

However, at that moment, a voice came from the side.

"I'm afraid it's not just the major sects like the Heavenly Star Sect that are in a sorry state; we cultivators and clansmen will have an even harder time. The Devil Path thrives on the law of the jungle. When the time comes, we won't enjoy the ease we have today." Han Li walked over slowly, expressing the same meaning as the middle-aged man's bitter smile.

The four men were startled to hear someone nearby but immediately fell silent. However, when they realized they couldn't discern Han Li's cultivation level, they all showed a hint of unease and hurriedly bowed respectfully to him. The middle-aged man who spoke initially even tried to defend the young man:

"Elder, my nephew just spoke casually, without any disrespect to the sects. Please don't take offense, Elder!"

These four people mistook Han Li for a high-ranking cultivator from one of the Elemental Martial country's sects.

The young man also looked nervous.

"Hehe, please don't misunderstand, fellow cultivators. I'm just a lone cultivator! I just casually interjected earlier," Han Li explained with a gentle smile.

The four men relaxed upon hearing Han Li's words. Although they didn't know if Han Li's identity was true or false, the fact that he didn't pursue the young man's indiscretion was clear to them.

In the respectful reception of the four men, Han Li also sat down at the stone table in the pavilion.

"Elder, it's an honor for us juniors that you've come here. But with your cultivation level, why would you participate in such a gathering?" The oldest man with a red face asked somewhat restrainedly.