Chapter 4

A double-edged, red mark appeared on Shirou's right palm.

In the same instant, the magic circle beneath him begins to radiate a faint, reddish light and a powerful wind sweeps away the debris surrounding it, forcing Ryuunosuke to take a few steps back in surprise.

"Wow! Cool! What is this? Is the Demon Lord coming?" Ryuunosuke's eyes sparkled with childlike fascination as he stared at the magic circle and the strong wind.

The girl at the center of the formation, sensing the abnormal change, cried out in fear and instinctively moved closer to Shirou. However, Shirou, in his poor state, was unaware of this.

In the land of Fuyuki City, a magic ceremony known as the Holy Grail War is about to take place. The Holy Grail is a wish-granting machine, and in addition to the three families that originally established the ceremony system and the Clock Tower that accepted it, other participants must have strong wishes to be selected by the Holy Grail.

Shirou's fierce desire for survival had previously been recognized by the Holy Grail, granting him the participant's proof of the seals, the double-edged, red sword-like mark on his right palm.

Ryuunosuke learned from magical books that the ceremony to summon a Servant involves using a spell drawn with fresh blood and chanted aloud.

Now, the participants, the magic circle, and the spell are all in place, and the Holy Grail War ceremony has begun.

However, there is a problem with this ceremony.

The Holy Grail War is a conflict for magicians, so naturally, the participants are all magicians. After all, how could they possibly summon and control a Servant without the necessary basic magic power?

But Shirou is just an ordinary elementary school student, even though his body possesses 27 magic circuits. He is still just a six-year-old elementary school student who hasn't yet awakened his magical potential.

Yet, he has still managed to establish a connection with the Holy Grail. As a result, the powerful magic of the Holy Grail ceremony has directly overwhelmed his magic circuits and forced his body's hidden magic circuits to start connecting with the summoned Servant.

"It hurts... it hurts..." Shirou muttered, his nerves feeling like they were on fire, the pain indescribable.

In addition, the magic circuits being forced to open and connect with the summoned Servant caused a huge influx of magic power at the initial contact, making Shirou see an illusion.

A sword.

No matter where he looked, all he saw was swords!

Divine swords, holy swords, demon swords, cursed swords, blessed swords, legendary swords... All these swords are stranded in a dark and seemingly hopeless world, like a sword graveyard.

"Tsk. You actually summoned me," a male voice, sounding rather unhappy and rude, spoke in Shirou's ear.

"The miracle known as the Holy Grail, if it is summoned by you, the command seals on your hand cannot fulfill my wish. Most importantly, if I have to take orders from you, I'd rather die," the summoned Servant declared, shattering his spiritual foundation (Saint Graph) and returning to the outside of the timeline and worldline. However, his remaining spirit foundation was not destroyed, but instead absorbed and integrated into Shirou due to the origin awakening Shirou underwent.

Yes.

The summoned Servant is Shirou. Well, more accurately, it is the second-generation hero of justice who was not taken over by a stranger soul, survived the Fuyuki fire, lost both parents, and changed his name.