Chapter 64

Now that he was no longer being pursued by Assassin, Shirou discarded his leather jacket into the river and let out a triumphant laugh.

Tokiomi was struck by Kiritsugu's Origin bullet, which completely destroyed his Magic Circuit and Magic Crest. Kirei then severed Tokiomi's arm, which bore the Command Seals.

Hahahahaha!

This is hilarious!

Though it's a shame only a small piece of Kiritsugu's face was cut, the fact remains that the master of Gilgamesh has lost his qualification to participate in the Holy Grail.

Although Gilgamesh was able to maintain his form using Archer's class skill "Independent Action," he no longer had any Command Seals or source of magical energy. It was likely that he would first turn to Kirei or seek out another contract. With no time to observe Shirou, this was the ideal moment for him to flee Fuyuki City.

Without hesitation, Shirou hurried back home to pack his belongings. As he surveyed the wreckage caused by Spartacus, he couldn't help but think that the Fujimura couple should receive insurance compensation for the damages.

He gathered all the cash and valuable luxury items in his house and placed them into a suitcase, then headed to the Miyama train station and purchased a ticket to Hokkaido.

The train was scheduled to depart at 22:30, and it was currently 19:35, so Shirou had some time to spare. First, he made his way to the outskirts of the forest where he found Spartacus lying on the ground, massive and unmoving.

Shirou approached him, placing a gentle hand on the giant sword that he himself had projected and gifted to Spartacus. He said apologetically, "I'm sorry, Spartacus. My Grail War has come to an end. I have to leave."

Although Spartacus had initially attacked him, he had been a great help during subsequent battles. Shirou was weak, but Spartacus was a hero to the weak. Now that the weak one had secured a path to freedom, he had to bid farewell to his hero.

"Farewell, Spartacus. I know it's impossible, but I still wish you the best of luck in the war," He said with a hint of sadness in his voice.

With a heavy heart, Shirou set out.

He made his way back to the police station, where he warned the police chief of a potential catastrophic fire that might occur soon and urged him to stay vigilant.

The Holy Grail had already been corrupted by All the World's Evil, and no matter who emerged victorious in the war, the arrival of evil was bound to cause a massive fire. Shirou wasn't a god, he could only save himself. He couldn't directly save others, and no one would believe him. But by hinting at the danger to the police chief, he could potentially save some lives.

As for Kirei and the others, Shirou had no intention of getting involved. They had their own karma to face. No one would come out unscathed, given that the Holy Grail had already been contaminated. By continuing to participate in the war, they were only bringing themselves closer to death and punishment.

With Gilgamesh no longer a threat, Shirou could finally escape this battlefield that was soon to become a living nightmare.

Finally, Shirou hypnotized himself and entered a dream world to visit Scathach.

"Hold it!" Shirou yelled as he saw two spears aimed at him simultaneously.

"Slacking off again, Shirou?" Scathach asked, lowering her weapons and fixing him with her piercing red eyes.

"My battle is finished, Shisho," Shirou replied, a smile spreading across his face.

"Really?" Scathach asked skeptically, "Have you defeated Gilgamesh?"