Chapter 15

As he grumbled about Gilgamesh's unreliability, Shirou carefully positioned himself in ambush, his entire focus trained on the Matou residence.

October 3, 1993, Sunday, around 3 pm.

A black Honda Accord approached slowly from a distance, and an old man with a cane emerged from the gates of the Matou mansion. As soon as Shirou saw this old man with a cane, he fixated all of his attention on him.

Before setting up his ambush, Shirou used [Concealment] in an attempt to minimize his presence as much as possible. In theory, there should be no possibility of being discovered, but Shirou was not sure how effective it actually was in practice.

Since the information about Sakura came from Gilgamesh, it is likely that he knew that Shirou was lying in ambush nearby. However, since Gilgamesh was willing to provide the information to Shirou, it seems that he does not plan to interfere with Shirou's actions, right?

... No.

According to the Type-Moon setting, Gilgamesh has a unique set of values that is different from that of ordinary people, making it difficult to understand his actions using an ordinary person's mindset. However, Shirou was unable to come up with any corresponding countermeasures. All he could do was do his best and leave the rest to fate.

Shirou's gaze was fixed on the black Honda Accord, and using the [Clairvoyance] inherited from his Saint Graph, he was able to almost immediately see the situation inside the car.

It appeared that Rin Tohsaka was not present, and Sakura and her mother were sitting in the back seat while Tokiomi Tohsaka sat in the front passenger seat. The driver was a young man with distinctive blue hair and a face that resembled a grown-up version of Shinji Matou. It was likely that he was the current head of the Matou household, Matou Byakuya.

And in fact, Shiro had not guessed wrong. That man was indeed Matou Byakuya.

The car arrived at the Matou mansion, and Matou Byakuya asked the three members of the Tohsaka family to get out of the car. He then stood behind Matou Zouken and appeared to be completely allowing him to do as he pleased.

"It's been a long time, Tohsaka family head," Matou Zouken said with a creepy smile.

"It's been a long time, the old head of the Matou family," Tokiomi replied with a graceful smile.

"Is that Sakura? The Imaginary Numbers is truly a good seed. Unlike the offspring of our Matou family, whose talents have withered, we have no choice but to request the succession of a child from the Tohsaka family head," Matou Zouken sighed, appearing troubled by the lack of competitiveness of the Matou family offspring.

"But this might also be the root of the Tohsaka family head's worries. Two excellent offspring, but the Tohsaka family's magic crest can only shelter one, and the other has a very high possibility of being sealed by the Clock Tower's bigwigs with a [Sealing Designation], right? After all, it is such an excellent talent. And being sealed with a [Sealing Designation] as though being 'protected' feels like being pickled in formaldehyde, hehehe..." Matou Zouken let out a creepy laugh.

"This is indeed my worry, Matou family head," Tokiomi replied calmly and gracefully. "Then, I ask again as the head of the Tohsaka family. Will you, the Matou family, truly nurture my daughter, Tohsaka Sakura, as the successor?"

"This is of course," Matou Zouken laughed, "Without an excellent successor, the Matou family will only continuously weaken and eventually disappear in the river of history. This is the reason we came here to request it. The Matou family will naturally nurture this child as the successor. It's just that the Matou family's magic attribute is 'water', so the Matou family needs to make some changes to this child's magic attribute. Of course, since it is being nurtured as a successor, there will be some pain during this change, but it will definitely be beneficial for her. And for the sake of this child's life and future, the Tohsaka family head believes that you will be able to accept it?"