Chapter 138

Tristan's sudden fainting left Shirou unable to perform his song, leaving him feeling dejected. He had a rare desire to sing, but unfortunately, his audience had fainted before he could even begin.

Under the strange and bewildered gazes of the King Mark's soldiers, Shirou dragged the unconscious Tristan back to his camp.

Over the next three days, Shirou spent his time memorizing the names of the lower-ranking officers and attempting to engage Tristan in conversation about music. However, for some inexplicable reason, Tristan began to avoid him at every turn and refused to play his harp in the forest at night.

One night, when Tristan attempted to sneak out and play the harp, he caught sight of Shirou and immediately fled the scene. This behavior left him puzzled and wondering what could be causing Tristan's sudden avoidance of him.

During this period, he went to find Kay to bring him back. However, when he found him, Kay was lying amongst a pile of women, completely intoxicated and unresponsive. Shirou was filled with both envy and jealousy, but as a brother, he knew he needed to exercise some discretion. He couldn't be a third wheel, could he?

Without hesitation, he turned around and left. However, he was unaware of the hope that had filled Kay's heart upon his arrival. It was as if he had seen an angel who could rescue him from his troubles. But when Shirou left without a word or a second thought, Kay's hope vanished, leaving him with a sense of despair. It felt like the gates of heaven had closed, and he had been thrown back into the depths of hell.

An old lady next to Kay blocked his view and spoke with a smirk, "Dear Sir Kay, we will take good care of you."

Kay's response was immediate and filled with despair, "No--!!!" Tears streamed down his face, leaving his eyes empty and hollow.

...

Shirou intended to search for Merlin, but he had disappeared without a trace. For the time being, he had to put his search on hold.

Three days had passed, and the army began to march.

In preparation to defeat the Dead Apostles, the Archbishop had distributed nearly a thousand black keys to the army. Almost every legion had been equipped with them.

Black keys were a unique form of exorcism equipment used by the Church. Though they didn't possess any significant physical destructive power, they had a remarkable effect on the Dead Apostles, as well as most spirits and phenomena.

Shirou was surprised to find out that black keys existed 1,500 years ago.

After consulting and discussing the strategy following the scout's report, the decision has been made to launch an attack.

After the strategy had been decided, Shirou made a solemn declaration, "There can only be one commander on the battlefield! If any of you have any objections, please voice them now. But once we're on the battlefield, you must obey Artoria's commands. If anyone interferes with her command, don't blame me for being rude!"

He had never fought in a battle or had any experience commanding troops. However, throughout history, the worst thing that could happen in a war was sudden changes in orders and inconsistent coordination. For this reason, he made his declaration in advance, hoping to avoid any confusion or interference with Artoria's command on the battlefield.

The knights nodded in agreement. They all recognized Artoria's strength and military strategy, and as long as they were not being sent to their deaths for no reason, they were willing to follow her commands.

His words also touched Artoria deeply. She felt a great deal of trust and vowed to command the battle well.

The army set off, rushing towards the mountains to the west of Caerleon Castle. According to intelligence, the mountain giant was known to roam in the western mountains, while the workshop was believed to be located in a mine within the mountains.