Chapter 134

As Shirou walked towards Caerleon Castle's church, he noticed something that caused him to come to an abrupt stop.

"What's the matter, my king?" Artoria asked.

"Have you seen Merlin?" Shirou asked, scanning the area but finding no trace of the magus.

"Come to think of it, whenever Merlin visits a city, he has a tendency to disappear without a trace. Nevertheless, let us first pay a visit to the Archbishop, my king. Merlin must have some business to attend to."

'You're too naive! That man is certainly up to something.' However, he decided to keep his thoughts to himself and simply contemplated for a moment before nodding in agreement.

The group arrived at the church of Caerleon Castle where the Archbishop was conducting a mass.

Coming from an atheistic country, Shirou had an instinctive opposition to deities and instead advocated for humanism. However, he was respectful of others' beliefs and so he waited quietly for the Archbishop to finish his mass without disturbing anyone.

Upon finishing his mass, the Archbishop was taken aback to see Shirou and exclaimed, "Isn't this Arthur?"

"It's been a while, Archbishop," he greeted the religious leader with a smile. The Archbishop was the one who had overseen the Sword Pulling ceremony that named him as King Arthur.

The Archbishop chuckled, "It has indeed been over two months. The tales of your adventures have spread throughout Camelot. Everyone has heard of the Incarnation of the Red Dragon, the destined King Arthur, the Princess Knight, the Magus of Flowers Merlin, and the charismatic and romantic Sir Kay, who has captured the hearts of countless young maidens."

Shirou was already aware of the rumors about himself, Artoria, and Merlin's travels, but he was surprised to hear of Kay's romantic exploits. This only served to reinforce his desire to learn from Kay how to charm and woo women.

After some initial small talk, they explained their reason for visiting, having been introduced by Gawain.

The Archbishop was thrilled, "Ah, I see! With Arthur at the helm, our campaign will have a much greater chance of success."

"I wouldn't say I'm the leader, but I'm happy to offer my assistance."

Just then, a soft voice could be heard from the inner hall of the church, "Archbishop, is there a visitor here?"

As the footsteps grew louder, a silver-haired young knight emerged from the inner hall of the church.

Shirou was taken aback upon seeing the young knight and couldn't help but stare. The Archbishop then introduced him, "Arthur, this is Sir Bedivere. He currently serves as one of Sir Ywain's court officials and is one of the knights leading the Camelot army."

The Archbishop then directed his attention to Bedivere and stated, "Sir Bedivere, this is Arthur, the one who pulled the sword from the stone."

Bedivere gazed at Shirou with sparkling eyes and exclaimed, "King Arthur! I've heard tales of your story!"

"I've also heard of you, Sir Bedivere," Shirou replied with a smile.

Bedivere was taken aback and pointed to himself, asking, "Heard of me? I don't have any tales worth singing about."

"Don't underestimate yourself, Sir Bedivere," Shirou encouraged. "It's widely known that your lance skills are unparalleled in all of Britain. Even with only one arm, you are capable of fending off nine opponents at once. You are truly an exceptional knight!"

"No, that's not true," Bedivere protested, clearly embarrassed. "I'm just a court official and skilled only in handling simple internal affairs."

The Archbishop chuckled and patted Bedivere's shoulder. "Bedivere, remember that when Arthur takes the throne, he will be your king. Why are you still hiding your talents in front of him? Your lance skills are so remarkable that even Sir Brastias would commend you. Otherwise, Sir Ywain wouldn't have chosen you to lead the army."