Chapter 135

Shirou and his companions arrived at the outskirts of the castle and waited. Shortly after, Bedivere arrived with the army. Without waiting for Bedivere to introduce him, he climbed atop a large rock and bellowed, "All you righteous warriors, I am Arthur, the Incarnation of the Red Dragon and the destined king!"

He started to introduce himself to the army, and this time his speech was much better than before. Unlike his previous attempts, where people merely stared at him dryly, as soon as he mentioned the name Arthur, the soldiers grew excited and started to discuss amongst themselves.

"Is that the Arthur of the rumor who pulled the sword from the stone?" one knight asked.

"In the rumor, they visited every city in Camelot!" another chimed in.

"I have heard of Arthur's stories," yet another said. "Poets say that they have crusaded against terrifying monsters, driven away evil magi, and helped countless civilians reclaim their land from the nobles!"

"I heard that he will soon be the king of Camelot!" one soldier exclaimed.

"I have been longing to meet him for a long time! It is said that he is the ideal king who will defeat the tyrant Vortigern, drive away the Saxons, and bring a better life to us!" another added with enthusiasm.

"The female knight standing next to him is the pure Knight Princess from the story, isn't she?" a third soldier asked.

"Indeed, and their team also includes the great magus Merlin and the charming and romantic Sir Kay!" replied another with admiration.

Shirou didn't need to encourage the soldiers or release a beam of light to capture their attention; they were already discussing excitedly among themselves. This was the result that he had achieved in just over two months. They had visited every city in Camelot and left behind a trail of stories. These stories were sung by people and spread far and wide by minstrels.

Even the knights they had met not far from Ector's manor had joined in promoting Arthur's story throughout Camelot. As a result, more and more people became acquainted with Arthur, and more people knew who he was.

And now, the scene that unfolded before them was one of excitement and enthusiasm.

"Arthur! Arthur!" the soldiers shouted in unison.

Without the need for a heart-wrenching speech, just by shouting Arthur's name and introducing himself sincerely, these soldiers spontaneously started shouting. They had already heard numerous tales about Arthur and had been waiting for the successor of King Uther for too long.

However, amidst the cheers, a voice of doubt rang out, "You are Arthur?"

Shirou turned to look, and the soldiers of Camelot also turned to look with a hint of anger in their eyes.

The Archbishop was at the forefront, leading several knights dressed in conspicuous attire, followed by soldiers bearing different flags. It was evident that the knights accompanying the Archbishop were leaders from various kingdoms, while the soldiers were from different kingdoms' armies.

Among these leaders, Tristan stood out as a unique figure. As soon as he arrived at his destination, he found a rock to sit on and gently began to stroke his harp.

Next to Tristan was a heavily armored figure who had covered himself tightly, emanating a dangerous aura that could not be ignored.

Shirou looked at the knight who questioned him. He was a young knight with blond hair. He nodded and smiled, "Yes, I am Arthur. May I ask who you are?"

"I am Jordanus," the blond-haired knight replied. "May I ask if Your Highness Arthur summoned us through the Archbishop to lead us?"

"Yes. Our armies are mixed together, but you have no leader. I may not be the most talented, but I am willing to take on the role of Commander."