Chapter 144

Shirou spent three days at Caerleon Castle, making the most of his time there. He gave speeches to raise awareness about himself and his cause, and also visited the camps of various kingdoms to interact with their leading knights and soldiers.

The leading knights did not detect anything amiss and found Shirou to be an enthusiastic and friendly individual. Lamorak, in particular, felt that Shirou was genuine and very likable. In fact, at times he had to encourage him to compete in the arena.

Shirou was initially happy to agree. However, in the end, he was persuaded by Artoria to step back. Taking his place in the arena, she battled Lamorak, defeating him quite soundly.

Obviously, Lamorak, who was once known as one of the three great lions of Britain alongside Lancelot and Tristan, was no longer a match for the rapidly growing Artoria.

Artoria's possession of the red dragon heart, abundant magical energy, and superior physical attributes, such as strength and agility, contributed to her overpowering Lamorak. However, it should also be noted that she consulted with Merlin on swordsmanship, which further enhanced her skills in combat.

It would not be an overstatement to say that she is truly the Sword Saint of Britain. In just three days, her swordsmanship had improved significantly, and her skills had surpassed those of renowned knights such as Lamorak.

The atmosphere was generally harmonious, but it was unclear why Tristan seemed displeased with Shirou's presence. Whenever he visited to exchange musical skills, Tristan would abruptly turn and run away as if he had seen a ghost.

Tristan would even play his violin in the forest at night, drawing fairies to come and listen to his music. However, whenever Shirou appeared, Tristan would immediately flee, moving as fast as the fairies themselves, and almost as swiftly as Merlin!

Shirou was utterly perplexed by Tristan's behavior. Nonetheless, there was something else that was troubling him at the moment.

"There are more soldiers coming to Caerleon Castle."

He sat by the window of the inn, observing the soldiers wandering the streets below, and his gaze narrowed slightly.

"Isn't this to be expected? The day of your coronation as king is drawing near, and it's a significant event in history. With the threat of Vortigern, the northern kings cannot attend the coronation ceremony personally. However, they should at least send envoys to participate; otherwise, it would be considered disrespectful."

Shirou heard a soft male voice in his ear and turned his head to see Merlin sitting on a chair wearing a silver dress resembling a flower, nibbling on an apple. Fou was sleeping soundly on his shoulder.

Shirou made a disgusted expression and asked, "When did you come to my room again?"

"Just now," Merlin said.

"You need to stop coming into my room for no reason, Merlin. Why don't you go out and flirt with some random woman or something?"

Merlin pointed to his dress with a pouty expression and said, "Can you imagine me going out and meeting people in this dress?"

Shirou chuckled, glancing at Merlin's outfit. "I think you secretly enjoy it, Merlin. Besides, you're the one who customized the clothes yourself. Remember when you introduced yourself to the Archbishop as Merlin's apprentice magus? You were so excited, but ended up being looked down upon... tsk tsk tsk. I'll never forget that priceless look on your face."

Merlin slumped on the table, appearing even more disheartened.

Shirou couldn't help but laugh at Merlin's dejected appearance. Nowadays, Merlin had no time to flirt outside as he was preoccupied with teaching Artoria swordsmanship. Furthermore, he was being forced by Kay to wear women's clothing, causing him to look quite forlorn. Just two days ago, he had been unfairly judged and looked down upon by the Archbishop, which had left Merlin with a comical expression on his face. Shirou had to stifle a laugh at the memory.