Chapter 100

Enormous green vines burst through the ground, pushing up the classrooms, the playground, and all the other structures with such force that the steel bars of the foundations became mixed with debris from the buildings, creating a scene of an apocalypse.

Families held their children close and fled in a state of panic, their faces full of terror.

"Crack, crack, crack--"

With a tremendous upheaval, the gargantuan plant surged forth from the earth, causing the very ground to heave and crack under its colossal weight. Its green branches, extending from the vines, were like beckoning fingers, seeking out living creatures to ensnare in its grasp.

In a desperate bid for safety, a stray dog bolted away from the looming threat, but alas, it was no match for the lightning-fast vines that swiftly snatched it up. The canine's "woof woof" barking was silenced in an instant, as the merciless vines drained it of its very essence, greedily siphoning away all its blood and flesh until nothing remained but a skin-and-bones husk.

The remains of the dog fell to the ground, scattering in the wind.

As the vines continued to grow, red fruits sprouted from them, and blood-red liquid oozed out, streaming down the vines and seeping into the ground.

"What... what is that?"

Rin and Luvia were both startled by the sight before them. Despite coming from magus families, they had not been studying magecraft for very long and had never witnessed something so terrifying. Even Mrs. Fujimaru and Tohsaka Aoi looked pale with fear, and the others were even worse off, visibly shaken by what they were seeing.

"Sakura, throw away the seven black pearls mother gave you!" A voice, transmitted through a spiritual link, conveyed the urgency of the situation.

Sakura hesitated, glancing at the seven black pearls she had prepared as a birthday present for Shirou. But seeing the tragic scene before her, she made up her mind and tossed them out of her pocket.

The pearls shattered on the ground, releasing dark energy that formed seven streams of black sludge. The contrast with the bright sunshine made it all the more ominous.

Unbeknownst to Sakura, her adoptive mother was Tiamat, one of the Primordial Deities who had been abandoned and killed by her own children, the Mesopotamian gods, over 10,000 years ago.

The gods had used Tiamat's corpse to create heaven and earth, and her soul had been sealed away in the Imaginary Space. Slowly succumbing to evil, she had gradually transformed into a monstrous Beast, possessing black mud like Shirou.

Originally, Tiamat was cursed by the gods and banished to the "Imaginary Space," where she was doomed to eternal solitude and despair.

But Sakura possessed the rare attribute of Imaginary Numbers. One night, by chance, she connected to Tiamat, who was weeping in the abyss.

And so, a connection was established between them.

The seven black pearls Tiamat gave Sakura through the link were no ordinary objects. Tiamat had created them using her authority and black mud, and they contained her blessing. Originally intended as a birthday gift for Shirou, Sakura now had to use them to save her friends.

The seven streams of black mud coalesced into a single, massive wave that swept over the school like a tsunami. The vines that had been attacking them were consumed and dissolved almost immediately.

"What is this?" Rin and Luvia exclaimed, bewildered.

"Mom is protecting us," Sakura replied.

"Your mom?" Rin and Luvia turned to Mrs. Fujimaru and Aoi, who was pale and confused.