Chapter 147

The nobles whispered amongst themselves, their faces reflecting a mixture of intrigue and curiosity.

"Who is that lady?" one of them asked.

"The wife of the border commander of Nantes," another replied.

"She's making it difficult for Arthur to come down from the stage like this. Is this what the Nantes wants?" a third noble mused aloud.

"This is quite interesting. Let's see how Arthur handles this," a fourth added, clearly entertained by the unfolding drama.

Suddenly, Artoria appeared behind Shirou, her muscles tense and her expression solemn. The nervousness and embarrassment that had been evident on her face earlier had vanished, replaced instead by a fierce determination, as if she were ready to launch an attack at any moment.

Morgan watched the scene play out, her face still wearing an elegant and noble smile. However, if one looked closely at her eyes, they would detect a coldness akin to ice.

In response to the noblewoman's harsh comments, Shirou remained composed and asked in a calm, indifferent tone, "It seems that this lady has some grievances with me. What is it that you don't like about me?"

"Firstly, your speech," the noblewoman replied, her tone dripping with disdain. "And secondly, your short stature. You have no masculinity. How could you possibly be fit to be a king?"

At the noblewoman's words, Artoria's gaze sharpened and her expression turned fierce. However, Shirou subtly shifted his position and used his body to prevent her from intervening.

With a polite smile on his face, he calmly replied to the noblewoman's criticism, "You needn't worry about that, madam. As it turns out, you won't have the opportunity to experience any of those shortcomings."

The noblewoman was taken aback by his response, but the polite yet sarcastic tone of his words won him applause from those nearby.

Without missing a beat, Shirou picked up a nearby towel and wiped his hands, then turned to the lady with a smile and said, "Madam, could you please make way? I'm sorry, but my hands are rather small, so I can only deal with one piece of trash at a time."

The noblewoman was shocked by his words.

"What did you say?" she demanded.

Undeterred, he simply repeated his statement with a smile. "I said I can only deal with one piece of trash at a time, madam."

"Clap, clap, clap!!!"

The surrounding nobles couldn't help but applaud and smile at Shirou's quick wit and polite yet sharp comebacks. Even some of the more frivolous guests whistled in admiration. He had turned the tables on the noblewoman with his deft use of sarcasm, all while maintaining an impeccable sense of etiquette.

This was their way of handling situations: to pursue excellence in all things, including how to deal with difficult people without losing face.

The noblewoman was visibly trembling with anger, clearly stunned by his unexpected retorts.

With a smile on his face, Shirou calmly walked past the noblewoman and casually tossed the trash into a nearby bin. As he had not yet ascended to the throne, he did not have the authority to order someone's execution. However, had he already been crowned king and someone had acted in such a manner, his knights and nobles who had pledged their loyalty to him would have swiftly and unhesitatingly dealt with the offender.

The lady was about to say something else, but Morgan stepped forward, a drink in hand, and abruptly splashed it in the noblewoman's face.

"Morgan le Fay, you--!"