Chapter 175

After the banquet, King Ban invited Shirou to visit his castle and he readily accepted the invitation.

As they walked and talked ahead, Merlin couldn't help but feel bitter inside. Lancelot kept asking him about Shirou's swordsmanship, and he didn't know how to answer. Should he tell the truth that Shirou's skills were mediocre or lie and say that they were exceptional? If he had known about this beforehand, he wouldn't have gone on this trip!

Merlin suddenly had a realization.

He had been forcibly brought onto the ship, and they had specifically chosen him over Morgan, who was also a magus. Could it be that Shirou had planned this all along? Unfortunately for him, he guessed right.

Despite his need for food, Shirou knew that he couldn't show any signs of weakness. Doing so would not only make people look down on him but also jeopardize his plans.

In a way, this situation is similar to modern entrepreneurs seeking investments. They may not have a team, technology, or funds, but they must present themselves with confidence and showcase their strengths to impress investors and secure funding. It's like a white wolf in sheep's clothing - appearing strong on the outside, while concealing their true intentions.

Confidence is key when it comes to bluffing people!

Despite his worries, Shirou knew that he needed to project an air of confidence and put on a strong demeanor when interacting with King Ban. This not only impressed the king but also helped him achieve his goals. It's a valuable lesson for anyone looking to succeed in any interpersonal situation - confidence can go a long way in making a good impression and achieving one's objectives.

After agreeing on the details of the material transfer, Shirou and the king were both satisfied with the outcome. Shirou had brought a ship full of tin and copper, while the king lent him five cargo ships to transport the food to Cornwall.

But there was still a remaining amount of goods that could not be exchanged for the food at the moment. They had to wait for King Ban to bring King Bors into the picture and procure the necessary food from him before it could be delivered.

However, there was one thing that made Shirou feel a bit worried. The king wanted Lancelot to accompany him to Britain and learn from Camelot.

Although he had successfully deceived the king, if the truth were to be revealed, it would not only break the alliance but also result in the loss of the remaining food.

Therefore, he could only say, "I don't mind. However, currently, there is a curse from the Vortigern's magi on the island. Do you think the prince can handle it?"

Lancelot responded with a smile, "Please don't worry about that, King Arthur. I was raised by fairies and can easily adapt to the environment of Britain. Additionally, King Arthur commands many talented knights, and I would love to learn from them!"

King Ban advised his son, "My son, when you arrive at Camelot, be sure to listen to King Arthur's orders and learn from him!"

Lancelot replied confidently, "I understand, Father!"

Although hesitant, Shirou had no choice but to agree with the proposition and come up with a countermeasure later.

In the garden, a young boy with silver hair and a slightly stubborn voice, who appeared to be around eight years old, could be heard shouting, "Father, father!"

Shirou turned his head and spotted the boy running towards them with a beaming smile. Unfortunately, the darkness made it difficult to see the ground clearly. Suddenly, with a loud "thud," the boy tripped and fell, scraping his knee and crying out in pain.