Chapter 88

The Stone Giant then took out countless Noble Phantasms and bombarded Shirou.

It then retrieved the giant sword that had previously suppressed Spartacus from the Gate of Babylon, using only its one arm.

Its name was Ig-Alima, the Green Field Cutting Through the Thousand Mountains. With Ig-Alima in hand, even a thousand mountains could be cut and leveled. It was a massive, divine sword of great length!

Shirou directly replicated the sword, holding one in each hand. And as the Stone Giant attack came hurtling towards him, he countered with a fierce strike of his own.

"Clang----!!!"

The three giant swords clashed, and the sound of steel ringing echoes across the battlefield. The force of the impact was enough to stir the black fog that blanketed the sky, and those who bore witness to this moment were left in awe.

In fact, even the people of Shinto were left with their mouths agape at the scene. How could something like this be forgotten?

The two replicated swords were broken by the real sword, but its powerful force still caused the stone giant's one arm to sway. Shirou seized the opportunity and projected another giant sword, moving it swiftly through the air with a "whoosh." It sliced through the air, leaving a trail of cold light.

He severed the left leg of the Stone Giant, causing it to topple unsteadily. Stone may be strong and hard, but once shattered, it cannot be restored. However, mud is soft and forgiving, so it cannot be destroyed.

He overpowered the Stone Giant and said, "I regret to say that I can only accompany you this far. If you continue to cause trouble, it will not end well for you."

Shirou shattered the chest of the Stone Giant and plunged his slender black hand inside, clasping its beating heart and squeezing it.

"Thump--"

The Stone Giant perished. Its massive stone exterior crumbled and fell away, reduced to nothing more than rubble and dust. The remnants of the giant's once formidable form slowly drifted back towards Shirou, drawn back to him like a wandering spirit returning to its source.

Gilgamesh leaned against a withered tree, surrounded by the ruins of crumbling walls and decaying buildings, with fire consuming all in sight. At this moment, he was in a pitiful state, his arms severed, legs torn apart, and heart hollow, all flowing with blood. His complexion was pallid and his body was beginning to fade away like snowflakes.

His vision was clouded, yet he pushed on, squinting into the distance. Suddenly, a figure emerged from the fiery sea and approached him. The figure was young and sturdy, striding forward with determination.

"You've won..." Gilgamesh said.

"I haven't won and you haven't lost," Shirou crouched down and gazed into Gilgamesh's eyes.

Gilgamesh sneered, "Hmph. What's the point of a mongrel like you learning to speak like those who have discovered the truth of the world?"

"I haven't learned from anyone," Shirou said. "I simply speak the truth. My victory over you is not about defeating you, but about getting closer to understanding you."

"Hmph! Still spouting nonsense, you mongrel," Gilgamesh scoffed, his pride undiminished despite his defeat. He sneered, "Do you not hate me, mongrel? I was the one who cast you into this vortex. The thought of letting you live never crossed my mind."

"I've come this far, and I've encountered no enemies or opponents," Shirou declared. "Only teachers and friends. It was you, Gilgamesh, who taught me courage, wisdom, bravery, and a steadfast heart."