Chapter 63

The Tohsaka family has a rich history and is renowned as an illustrious magical family. Their lineage can be traced back to Wizard Marshall Kischur Zelretch Schweinorg, also known as the Magician of the Second Magic.

The Tohsaka once held secret loyalty to the Holy Church, but their ancestor was swayed by the Wizard Marshall Zelretch, leading them to embrace the world of magecraft instead.

They're favored by both the Holy Church and the Mage's Association as disciples of Wizard Marshall, who was given the responsibility of managing the lands of Fuyuki City due to their powerful connections with the two prominent organizations.

Despite their favorable treatment from the Mage's Association, the Tohsaka family was viewed as outsiders by many conservative magi. As a result, young Tohsaka Tokiomi faced prejudice during his studies.

However, Tokiomi born with a strong will was not broken by the prejudice he faced. Instead, it only strengthened his pride. He was determined to fulfill the Tohsaka family's aspirations and use the Holy Grail War to reach the Root.

For this, Tokiomi spent several years preparing and making arrangements for his future. Although he was a step behind the Matou family in recognizing that Zenjou Aoi would give birth to a high-quality magus offspring, he managed to marry her and had two offspring with exceptional talent.

Tokiomi took great care in raising his two daughters and made careful arrangements for their futures, despite unexpected incidents. He designated Rin, the elder daughter, as the inheritor of the Tohsaka family's Magic Crest, while Sakura, the younger daughter, would inherit the Matou family's Magic Crest.

With this arrangement, even if Tokiomi were to die in the Holy Grail War, he could rest assured that the future of both the Tohsaka family and his daughters would be secure. Everything was in order.

Little did he know that the Matou family's "inheritance" of the Magic Crest involved using the Crest Worm and the Lust Worm. Despite being a magus, Tokiomi had the normal emotions of a parent, causing his arrangements to crumble.

Furthermore, Rin's inheritance of the Tohsaka family's Magic Crest was also destroyed by Kiritsugu's Origin Bullet!

The Magic Crest is a closely guarded family secret, recorded in their hidden annals. It can be compared to the flesh of a magus, while their Magic Circuit is akin to their blood and bones. The Crest serves as proof of a magus' existence.

A magus family refers to the lineage of Magic Crests passed down from one child to the next. The continuity of the Magic Crest is considered the most crucial aspect, so even if the biological bloodline is broken, as long as the Magic Crest is inherited, the magus family continues to exist.

However, losing a Magic Crest means the end of a magus family, resulting in a complete severance of all ties to magecraft, even if descendants possess the Magic Circuit.

Yes.

The destruction of the Magic Crest marks the end of a magus family's legacy and signifies the downfall of the Tohsaka family!

"Ah-, Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah-!"

Tokiomi's heart shattered as he realized the consequences, tears rolling down his cheeks as he pounded the sickbed with one hand and the stump of his other arm.

"Why am I still alive?! Why?!"

The once elegant smile vanished, replaced by tears of despair, as it became clear that the Magic Circuit was ruined, the Magic Crest destroyed, and even the arm bearing the Command Seals had been amputated.

What has happened? What is this?

"Oh God... What is this ah-?"

Tokiomi crumbled under the weight of his guilt.