Chapter 89

The Grail crystal's immense magical power was in full effect, causing the boundary between life and death to reverse.

The sky, shrouded in a thick veil of black mist, was penetrated by the faint sunlight, casting a faint golden hue on the desolate earth below.

Having spent 200 years' worth of magical energy in one go, Shirou's magical energy was still growing, though not as impressively as before. Where his magical energy once felt like an endless ocean, now it was reduced to a small stream. Even the trail of black mud that had once followed him had significantly shrunk in size.

Despite the reduction of his magical energy, he felt no regret and did not yearn for it. He knew that the magical energy he had wielded was a gift from the land and returning it was only right. Furthermore, he still had the mud and the innate skill known as the "Evil Flower," which enabled him to absorb human evil and slowly accumulate magical energy once again.

And now—

"It's time to clean up."

Standing atop a hill, Shirou gazed down at the spreading flames in the Miyama district with a worried smile on his face. He knew that it was the job of the Mage's Association and the Holy Church to handle such matters, but with their inflexible thinking, they would likely blame it on a gas leak or explosion. However, the situation had grown too dire to be swept under the rug.

Amid the chaos and destruction, many have perished and been brought back to life. They are lost, desperate, and buried under layers of emotional turmoil.

Let him pave a path toward freedom for them.

Shirou returned to his home in Shinto and retrieved the Ultraman jacket from its hiding place under his bed. As his body was now merged with Black Mud, making him appear older and more mature, the jacket fits him perfectly. No longer did he have to rely on elevator shoes to increase his height!

Initially, he had simply intended to use the jacket to conceal his true appearance. However, it had now become a crucial lifeline for him. With the jacket securely in place, he went in search of Waver and requested a favor from him.

"Are you certain about this?" Waver questioned with a hint of skepticism in his voice.

Shirou gave a firm nod and replied, "Yes."

Waver rubbed the back of his head, looking flustered. "You really want to do it, even after everything that's happened?"

Shirou merely nodded, his expression softening into a smile. "It'll be easier for you if you bring Kayneth along as well."

Waver arched an eyebrow in surprise. "Didn't you say you never wanted to see Kayneth again?"

"Kayneth was the one who hunted me down during the war, and I will harbor a grudge against him for the rest of my life," Shirou explained. "But right now, I need his strength."

Waver gazed at Shirou with a look of confusion. "How can you ask for help from someone you loathe with a smile on your face?"

Shirou's eyes softened and he answered, "I have to put on a smile now. It helps put others at ease,"

---He will become the unparalleled hero of this era!

As Waver gazed into Shirou's bright eyes, he couldn't help but recall the words of Iskandar. The memory brought a sour feeling to his nose.

"I understand and I'll do what I can to assist you,"

Shirou donned his leather jacket and flashed a confident smile. "Don't worry, I've had experience on stage before, even if it was only for seven days."