Chapter 163

Merem Solomon couldn't recall exactly when it had happened. He used to be an ordinary villager, but his life was forever altered when he discovered his innate ability to summon daemons. With this newfound power, he could grant people's wishes, and the ignorant villagers hailed him as a divine child.

To prevent Merem from leaving the village, the villagers resorted to a gruesome act. They dismembered him and enshrined his remains. According to their beliefs, "the appearance of a god cannot be the same as that of a human," and they also wanted to ensure that he wouldn't escape using his powers.

Merem's life bore resemblance to that of Angra Mainyu, but there was one critical difference: Merem was a genuine divine child with the power to grant the wishes of others.

He was destined to spend his life bringing comfort to the villagers, but his fate took a turn when he caught the attention of Crimson Moon by chance. Intrigued by Merem's ability to summon daemons, Crimson Moon declared that he would slaughter all the villagers at dawn.

The villagers' desire to "refuse death" was both grotesque and powerful. Although it placed a heavy burden on Merem to fulfill their requests, they continued to summon powerful beasts, one after another, which were brought to life through Merem's abilities and used to confront Crimson Moon.

Sadly, the villagers' efforts were no match for Crimson Moon. Despite their desperate wishes, Merem's powerful beasts were unable to stop him, and at dawn, Merem succumbed to the burden of fulfilling their requests and perished.

The surviving villagers cursed both Merem and Crimson Moon before dying one by one. As dawn broke, Crimson Moon resurrected Merem as a dead apostle.

"I'm doing this purely for my own amusement. Live as you please, using the images you've drawn as your substitute limbs. Despite the grotesque nature of the original wish, I expect the drawings themselves to be works of art. And if you've drawn a daemon, it should be able to serve as a capable replacement for your limbs."

As if under the spell of Crimson Moon's words, Merem drew four idols based on the villagers' beliefs, summoned four powerful daemons, and bestowed upon them the ability to serve as his limbs. And with that, he stood upon the ground in human form for the first time.

Ever since that day, Merem has harbored a deep admiration for Crimson Moon and pledged himself as a loyal dead apostle, busy carrying out his orders. It was this loyalty that drove Merem to accept Crimson Moon's command over a year and four months ago to transport Altrouge, one of Crimson Moon's bodies, to the island of Britain.

However...

"Wow, this game is so dull. I can't believe you're so excited about it," complained Altrouge, the princess who was a hybrid of a True Ancestor and a Dead Apostle. Merem felt a headache creeping up.

As humanity gradually achieved dominance over the planet, and nature became subservient to it, Gaia, the planet's consciousness, grew increasingly anxious. In response, the Crimson Moon, the prototype of the True Ancestors, pledged to create a world that would benefit the planet and descended from the moon to Earth.

In actuality, the Crimson Moon came to exert dominion over the Earth. However, unlike the giant spider in South America that could withstand the Counter Force, the Crimson Moon was not immune to it. Therefore, he began to seek out hosts, leaving behind his successors, in order to avoid the Counter Force. And thus, the True Ancestors were created.

However, all of the bodies that the Crimson Moon created were inherently unstable and incomplete, and Altrouge was no exception.

What made her unique was that she was a rare hybrid of a True Ancestor and a Dead Apostle, earning her the title of "Princess of the Dead Apostles."