Chapter 137

Shirou gathered the knights under his command and held a strategy meeting for the upcoming expedition. During the meeting, he gathered intelligence from the leading knights of various kingdoms.

The Archbishop urged the army to set off as soon as possible to conquer the mountain giant and the workshop of the Dead Apostle behind it. The knights were eager to begin the war immediately, but Shirou urged them to wait for three days. He suggested that they use this time to plan their arsenal and tactics and send scouts to investigate the magic workshop and the giant.

Initially, the knights only wanted to conquer the giant to increase their own glory. However, Shirou's compelling arguments convinced them, especially after their defeat by Artoria.

Despite this, there was one thing that they could not accept. Jordanes sternly questioned Shirou, "Your Excellency Arthur, it's reasonable to let us rest for three days. But how can you let a woman be the strategist?"

Shirou intended to transfer that role to Artoria, a decision that was not only questioned by Jordanes but also by other knights.

Initially, Artoria was hesitant to take on the crucial role of strategist. However, after hearing Jordanes' remarks, she became indignant. She stepped forward, raised an eyebrow, and pointed at Jordanes, saying, "Sir Jordanes, if you're not satisfied, we can have another contest!"

Jordanes instinctively took a step back and his natural momentum weakened a bit in front of Artoria. He responded sternly, "My lady, strategy and combat cannot be confused! I acknowledge your strength in combat, but you are not capable in the field of strategy!"

Before Artoria could reply, Shirou stood up and looked at Jordanes. He said, "Sir Jordanes, I hope you can respect my decision. If you feel dissatisfied, why don't you and Artoria each take a hundred soldiers and engage in a simulation battle?"

Jordanes nodded, "Alright!" He did not believe that he would lose in the field of strategy to a woman.

As expected, Artoria, who was trained by Merlin, displayed exceptional strength in strategy. In the dream world's "King's Game," she led the army and never lost a battle, while Kay was defeated and ran away crying for his mother.

In the simulation battle with Jordanes, she quickly emerged victorious, completely suppressing him from start to finish. Jordanes was unable to accept this result and was left devastated.

Shirou then had those who did not accept Artoria as their strategist each engage in a simulation battle of strategy with her. Without exception, all were defeated by her. From then on, everyone acknowledged Artoria as their strategist.

What was even more remarkable was that this young girl was both exceptionally powerful in combat and strategy, despite being only an apprentice knight under Shirou. She wasn't even an official knight!

According to Artoria, Shirou was hundreds or even thousands of times stronger than her, and she had lost to him several times. This realization made the knights suddenly recognize Shirou's incredible strength and look at him as if he were a monster.

This left him feeling embarrassed, as in strategy, he had never won against her. The so-called losses that she had were actually in the dream world's "King's Game," where he had defeated her completely.

However, the knights were unaware of this fact, and Shirou had no intention of explaining himself. Therefore, people began to see him as a god of strategy.

Shirou used the excuse of inspecting the army to have the leading knights take him to inspect their camps. The first camp they inspected was controlled by Jordanes and his kingdom.