Chapter 47

Although Ryuunosuke wasn't a fan of violent and bloody movies, he recognized their significance as a form of entertainment. He believed that these types of films - including horror, war, disaster, and adventure movies - all shared a common obsession with depicting human death. He thought that perhaps it was because through fictionalized death, viewers could safely confront and mitigate their fears.

Humans took pride in their intelligence and often feared the unknown, but with understanding came the ability to conquer fear. However, death was one thing that could never truly be understood while alive. So, helpless humans could only try to understand the nature of death by observing others' deaths and simulating the experience.

In civilized societies, human life was highly respected, and death was often only experienced through fictional means. But in war-torn regions, where death was a constant reality, people did not seek out horror movies for entertainment.

Similarly, fictional entertainment could play a role in helping people understand and overcome the misfortunes of life, such as physical pain and mental pressure. By experiencing these things vicariously through fictional characters, individuals could gain a better understanding of them and reduce their fears. This was why movie and television screens were often filled with scenes of sorrow, pain, and suffering. By observing and understanding these emotions, people could learn to cope with them in their own lives.

Therefore, viewers also often felt that death and difficulties were not as daunting when they saw themselves as the protagonist in these works, who was able to overcome death and difficulties.

Ryuunosuke used to be like many people, constantly filled with the fear of death. However, he always found the graphic depictions of corpses and blood in horror movies to be inauthentic and cheesy. It occurred to him that if simply watching these movies could truly conquer his fear of death, then he would have been a fan of the genre a long time ago.

Ryuunosuke possessed a keen ability to discern the reality of death from fiction. He found the horror stories and movies to be ridiculous and shallow, unable to truly capture the essence of death. He believed that the true nature of death could not be experienced through mere entertainment. This perception may have been influenced by his father, who was crushed by reality and alcoholism.

Ryuunosuke's father, in a fit of drunken rage, inflicted his spite on his own son.

When Ryuunosuke was just six years old, he was strung up on a tree and subjected to a brutal beating that lasted for an entire day and night. Despite his inability to feel physical pain, Ryuunosuke experienced the true horror of the world and the true meaning of death through this traumatic event.

This experience left Ryuunosuke fixated on the feeling of death, the only thing that gave him a sense of true and eternal meaning as someone without sensation.

So, in the dead of night, he took a knife and delivered three fatal cuts to his father's neck.

As his father awoke and clutched at the wounds, Ryuunosuke watched the blood flow but was not punished for his actions due to the laws regarding juveniles at the time.

Ryuunosuke's obsession with the feeling of death led him to understand his purpose and the means to make his world feel real. He became devout in his beliefs, respecting and pursuing the eternal truth he had found.

He wanted to share this truth with others, much like when he was 12 and shared it with his beloved sister, who was the first person he wanted to experience this ultimate truth.

Ryuunosuke, despite being a loving person with a broad mind, was viewed by others as a ruthless killer. Strangely enough, he took pride in this perception, seeing it as the ultimate compliment.