Chapter 83

Shirou raised his hand slowly and aimed Caliburn at Artoria. "Come, I'm here, waiting for you. Don't even think about using your Noble Phantasm. You can't hope to defeat me."

"---!!!"

Artoria gripped her sword tightly, her previously cold and indifferent eyes now blazing with anger. She perceived Shirou's words as a challenge, but in reality, he merely wanted to awaken her.

Language, even when spoken from the warmest of hearts, can still tear everything apart. Yet, that was exactly what Shirou desired at that moment. The victory of the battle was not important to him, he sought to clear the path to freedom in her clouded heart. That would be his true victory.

"Ahh ahh ahh ahh ahh--!!!"

As Shirou overpowered her in every way, Artoria could no longer keep her composure. She erupted in a scream, her roar echoing as she hacked at him with a surge of magical energy. Despite the attack, his face remained calm as he watched Artoria charge toward him.

Then...

Instinct C-!

Knight's Strategy C-!

Honor of Suffering C-!

Unyielding Will C-!

Triumphant Return of the Sword C-!

In a blur of motion, Shirou called upon all the close combat skills he had copied and his naked eye sharpened to a laser focus, tracking Artoria's every move with startling clarity. The air around them was filled with the sound of rushing winds as Artoria swung her black sword with incredible force. But Shirou was ready. In a split second, his sword met hers with a fierce strike from the bottom, sending a shower of sparks flying.

Their swords clashed with a deafening ring, the force of the impact shaking the very ground beneath them. With her black sword deflected, he launched a second strike from Caliburn, which she expertly parried with a deft horizontal strike.

"Bang!"

The impact was so heavy that Artoria's hands recoiled and a powerful explosion rippled out, knocking aside nearby swords.

Shirou's body was covered in a layer of protective black armor that connected his nerves and muscles, enhancing his power. With the integration of attack and defense, he was able to change tactics in an instant. This was the true power of the mud, and apart from being slower, it had no significant drawbacks.

Additionally, he had already triggered [Mana Burst C-], and the combined effects of the immense magical energy and black mud, as well as [Counter Hero C-], had left Artoria weakened. It would be strange if she didn't feel the weight of the sword.

Because of Shirou's increased strength, the imitation sword he was using couldn't withstand the force and snapped with a loud "crack". The copied Caliburn was shattered by his immense power.

A good opportunity! Artoria thought as she swung the sword in her hand toward Shirou.

However-

Broken Phantasm!

Shirou triggered the explosion of the broken Caliburn, which sent Artoria flying with its immense release of magical energy. Just as the explosion was about to engulf him, his black armor surged and transformed into a giant black maw that devoured the aftershock of the blast. The armor chewed noisily a few times before returning to its sleek black armor.

He accepted and acknowledged it, which in turn provided him with protection. The integration of attack and defense allowed for rapid and constant transformation.