Chapter 35

Shirou tightened his jaw and asked, "What's the matter? Are you angry and looking to silence me?"

Artoria, gripping the holy sword, replied resolutely, "No. I made a mistake and I will take responsibility for it. I will not hide from the truth, no matter what others may say or do. Accepting and rectifying my mistakes is the reason I am here. There is no dishonor in admitting your mistakes. The true dishonor lies in denying them and failing to make amends."

She looked solemn as she continued, "I accept my punishment for my mistakes. So do not try to inflict further pain on others. You too will be held accountable for your actions."

This mother lioness is completely angry...

Shirou let out a bitter laugh. The very tactic that had just saved his life had now turned into a deadly provocation!

Artoria and Diarmuid, now known as Saber and Lancer, had a determined intention to kill Shirou. Regardless of which of them it was, Shirou understood that he could not afford to anger them. A single blow from either of them, he realized, would result in his immediate death.

The Noble Phantasm Unlimited Blade Works was the only hope for a counterattack, but its charging time was too lengthy, making it impossible for him to endure until it was fully charged.

So, what should he do?

Artoria fixed her gaze on Shirou, her eyes blazing with killing intent. This caused the holy sword in her hand to sharpen and radiate a cold, chilling light.

"Do you seek to take my life? On the first night of the Holy Grail War? You have the power to do so, it's your choice. But I will not go down without a fight. Remember, there is still an Assassin lurking nearby!" Shirou yelled, holding up his palm and projecting three sharp swords toward the crane.

In this dire situation, revealing the presence of an Assassin was the only way to make them cautious and increase his chance of survival. However, Shirou had not yet confirmed whether the Assassin was the one he remembered or if they were hiding on the crane. He could only take a chance, having done all he could, and leaving the rest to fate.

If he was correct, then Artoria and Diarmuid, who already showed a desire to end his life, would become wary and present a chance for him to flee. But if he was mistaken, then the journey of Fujimaru Shirou would come to a tragic end right here.

"Boom--!!!"

The air was filled with the sounds of explosions and collapsing buildings, and through the mist, a figure could be seen leaping away. With all the other servants gathered in one place, this individual concealed their presence, watched the area, and effortlessly evaded Shirou's attack. It could only be Assassin.

The Assassin was indeed lurking nearby!

This realization made Artoria and the rest cautious.

He gambled right!

Thank you! Assassin!

Like a gambler who had bet everything on one roll of the dice, Shirou was filled with relief. However, revealing the presence of the Assassin alone was not enough to ensure his survival. He must keep fighting and strive for victory.

Come on, my ordinary mind! Come on, my clumsy mouth! This is a matter of life and death for me!

"Do you understand? Do you grasp the seriousness of this situation? Assassin is indeed here, and your Master is present as well. Do you want to defeat me? To strike me down? Are you not worried that your Master may be killed in the process? Or, do you believe that as Caster, I have no means of defense and can be killed effortlessly? Consider carefully, your Master is helpless against Assassin. If I can hold you back, your Master will be murdered by Assassin, as long as you don't eliminate me in time."