Chapter 44

Shirou had used his Suggestions on the director of the TV station, compelling them to disclose the Command Seals to the public. He knew that such actions were highly dangerous and could potentially cause a rift between the two worlds. Initially, he had contemplated using the TV station directly to unveil the Mystery but ultimately decided against it due to the potential consequences. Instead, he had opted for a more discreet approach.

He was uncertain about the outcome of his actions, but he knew that upon the revelation of the news about the Command Seals, the Supervisor of the Holy Grail War, Risei, would undoubtedly summon the Masters to eliminate him. To mitigate this, Shirou designated Ryuunosuke as a fall guy. As he made his way home, he pondered his next steps.

However --

Shirou was taken aback to find his house brightly lit!

Could it be a break-in?

He hurried back home and was shocked to find his family had returned.

Shirou was taken aback, could the [Suggestion] have been automatically lifted by their own willpower?

"Shirou! How could you steal money and come back home without a word? Do you have any idea how worried we were?" Mrs. Fujimaru scolded him as soon as he walked in. Shirou looked at his mother and saw that her face was teary and worn. Upon seeing her like this, he felt a deep sense of remorse and sadness. It was at this moment that he realized he had underestimated the powerful emotion known as parental love.

A family of four went out, but their child, born in October, was missing, the power of the subconscious broke the Suggestion imposed on the conscious mind.

Shirou was despondent, but he knew that there was no other choice. He once again used his [Suggestion] on the Fujimaru couple, retrieved a large plush bear from Sakura's room, and handed it to his parents. Then, he suggested to them: "This is your child, and you will go to Hokkaido for a vacation. You will not return to Fuyuki City until the end of Father's vacation. There is nothing left behind, so there is no need to worry."

When Shirou first learned [Suggestion], he had considered using it to move his family away from Fuyuki City. At that time, he believed that the Holy Grail War would not begin for at least three months, and he felt no urgency to act. He thought he had time and planned to leave Fuyuki City with his family for a happy vacation after Fujimura's work was finished.

In the midst of this economic bubble, finding work is incredibly difficult, thus, Fujimura's abandonment of his job as a result of the [Suggestion] would be a heavy burden for him in his mid-life as he would have no job or economic source to support his family.

Shirou fully understood this weight. As for whether it was possible to use [Suggestion] to assist his father in finding a job, he didn't even entertain the idea. He knew that [Suggestion] only acted on the conscious mind of the cerebral cortex and could not reach the subconscious. Once reality and memory deviated, the brain would automatically lift the [Suggestion], rendering it fundamentally useless.

He had obediently waited until his father completed his work and the family could travel. However, with the unexpected early start of the Holy Grail War, he no longer had the luxury of time to waste with his family. He was now in the midst of a war, and his priority was to survive.

The [Suggestion] was ready to be used, and Shirou was preparing to send his family away from the dangerous situation. Furthermore, he also had to use [Suggestion] on Sakura. But before that, there was something he wanted to know.

He wanted to know the reason for the advancement of the Holy Grail War!

Shirou was now aware that Sakura was a well-behaved and docile young girl and was certain that she would never run away from home. However, to confirm this, he used [Suggestion] to extract the truth from her regarding her running away from home.