Chapter 85

The flames blazed on relentlessly, devouring all that lay in their path. Miyama, once a proud and traditional town, was reduced to ashes and obliterated by the ferocious inferno. The carnage was truly a spectacle to behold, a final, magnificent display akin to a grand fireworks show, signifying the end of an era.

"Boom--"

A deafening explosion rocked the surroundings, but Tokiomi remained stoic, gazing blankly at the stump on his arm where his hand used to be. His hand had been severed, and along with it, the Magic Crest, an ancestral legacy, had vanished into thin air.

Tokiomi felt himself losing his grip on reality, but he was acutely aware that he couldn't afford to let madness consume him. He had a wife and two children to consider, and the mere thought of leaving them to suffer the consequences of his instability was unbearable. Though struggling to keep it together, he reminded himself that he had to be strong for his family's sake.

Moreover, the destruction of the Magic Crest does not have to be the end. There are professionals known as Tuners who have the skills to restore it, right?

"Is there still hope if it hasn't been completely destroyed? The chances may be slim, and the cost of repair may bankrupt the Tohsaka family, but it's not entirely impossible, is it?"

"I must not lose control. I cannot afford to lose control! Above all, that traitor is still out there, isn't he?" Tokiomi's hands trembled as he reached for the Azoth sword, the very weapon that had cost him his arm.

"Boom--!!!"

The sound of an explosion echoed outside the window, and Tokiomi's face was reflected in the gleaming surface of the sword. He saw his own face, contorted and covered in blood, staring back at him. He reminded himself that he must keep his composure.

...

The golden weapons, a manifestation of a king's intense anger, rained down upon Shirou.

The projection of the Heroic Spirit Emiya had vanished, and Shirou was unable to project any of the swords recorded in Emiya's Saint Graph. Those were not his weapons, but Emiya's projections.

Despite this, the solution was right in front of him. Shirou analyzed the structure of the incoming weapons as he used black mud as a barrier.

"Ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka---"

The weapons that were fired at the mud barrier failed to penetrate it, instead, they were immediately contaminated and corroded by the curse of the mud and ultimately swallowed by it.

"You filthy, disgusting mongrel!" Gilgamesh bellowed in rage as he took in the situation, the anger in his eyes intensifying. He had seen the true nature of the mud, it was impossible for him to miss it. From the moment Shirou emerged, it would have been strange if Gilgamesh couldn't discern the truth of the mud that was right before him.

Gilgamesh retrieved his inferior weapons and swapped them for A-rank Noble Phantasms. Only weapons of A-rank and above could pierce through the mud's defense and avoid destruction by its curse. As a result, the majority of the treasures in the Gate of Babylon were filtered out.

Consumed by his rage, Gilgamesh paid no heed to these trivialities. The one who had dared to replace Enkidu and invade his heart must be punished with death!

The concepts of heroes and flames were no longer of relevance to him.

"Ssss--!!!"

Shirou gazed at the incoming attack from the high-ranking Noble Phantasm. Projecting eight mountainous swords, each thirty meters long, he manipulated them with eight black hands, following the combat philosophy of Kalaripayattu.