Chapter 127

A deafening silence fell over the room, so profound that one could hear a pin drop.

Ector stared at Shirou in disbelief, having never expected him to stand up to someone as powerful and imposing as Brastias. Even he would have been cautious and careful when faced with such a threat.

Shirou's direct confrontation with Brastias greatly exceeded Ector's expectations, causing his nerves to involuntarily become alert. He was afraid that Brastias might take action right then and there.

Not only Ector, even the calm and smiling Sir Ywain felt his heart racing with fear. They were both well aware of Brastias's volatile temperament, akin to that of a volcano, ready to erupt at any moment. If the successor of King Uther and the Minister of Military Affairs started fighting here, Camelot's fate would be sealed!

The consequences of such a conflict would extend beyond Camelot. If a fight broke out, it could potentially weaken the defense lines of the northern kings, leaving them vulnerable to King Vortigern's invasion. The thought of such an outcome left Sir Ywain feeling frightened.

Although Brastias had offered to come voluntarily to receive the successor, Sir Ywain had the right to refuse his request. However, in an attempt to assert their dominance, he had agreed to Brastias's proposal and allowed him to come along.

But his plan had backfired, and the situation had become dangerous!

Brastias peered down at Shirou with a cold gaze, his tall and burly figure exuding a violent aura, akin to that of a fierce tiger. Shirou, however, held his head high, meeting Brastias's gaze calmly and without any signs of fear or aggression. His demeanor was like the vast sea, accommodating Brastias's tiger-like presence.

Sensing the danger emanating from Brastias, Artoria furrowed her brow and took a step forward to protect Shirou. However, he raised his hand to stop her. Though she was confused, as her King, she trusted his actions and obediently stood behind him.

Brastias's gaze then shifted to Artoria, and he sneered, "Woman." Artoria's eyebrows furrowed, and she clenched her slender hand clad in a white glove, but refrained from making any moves.

Brastias shifted his gaze and directed it towards Shirou, questioning, "You're the second person to speak to me this way. Aren't you afraid that I might kill you? After all, you're not yet a king."

Shirou responded calmly, "I am not afraid."

"Why not?" Brastias questioned.

"Because I am your king, the king of Camelot, the king of Britain!" he declared confidently.

"You're arrogant! I could kill you with just one step!" Brastias retorted angrily.

"You won't take that step because my sword will have already taken off your head!" Shirou declared, unflinching.

Brastias furrowed his brow and said, "My king is Uther Pendragon!"

"Uther is no longer with us," Shirou said. "Your king is Arthur now."

"Uther was a great warrior. He led armies into battle and won countless victories. What can you do? What do you have to offer?" Brastias questioned.

Shirou stood tall and countered, "While it is true that the former king won many battles, he was ultimately defeated by the white dragon Vortigern. But I will not meet the same fate. I will defeat him!"

"You ask me what I have to offer? Let me tell you," Shirou continued. "I charge fearlessly into the mountain of blades and do not back down in the sea of flames. I fight to the death in every battle! Is that not enough to prove myself?"

Fate: I Will Eventually Become the Hero of Justiceजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें