Chapter 194

As Scathach entered the palace, she laid eyes on the loathsome king. He was perched atop his throne, poring over documents, while the courtiers and attendants scurried around, engrossed in their own affairs, ignoring her presence.

Upon gazing at the king's scornful expression, memories of the 28 times she was insulted in the Shadow Land flooded her mind, leaving her momentarily stunned.

Fueled by rage, Scathach lifted her spear with a murderous aura and aimed it at the king, declaring, "I have come to kill you, King Arthur!"

Such a menacing proclamation would have typically stirred up a commotion, but to her surprise, nobody batted an eye. The king remained engrossed in his paperwork, and the courtiers carried on with their tasks, paying her no heed. The lack of response left the atmosphere tense and awkward.

At this moment--

"You actually want to kill my king!?" exclaimed Artoria, rising to her feet with Caliburn and Gae Bolg at the ready, her fury palpable.

Despite being forewarned by the king and expecting the arrival of this warrior as a potential ally, Artoria's composure shattered upon hearing the declaration. She stood up with a wrathful expression, and the knights who had been brought to the palace couldn't hide their fury. Even Lancelot, who had not yet pledged his loyalty, and Tristan, who was perpetually melancholic, were now consumed by anger.

The knights had an unwavering love for their king. It was impossible not to love a ruler like him who bore the weight of the kingdom on his shoulders, shouldered all despair, and offered hope to his people. From humble beginnings, he had built his kingdom from scratch, overseeing every aspect with diligence and care, while also tending to the needs of his subjects.

His wisdom was as boundless as the ocean, guiding his people through difficult times. He bestowed upon them honor, imbued them with faith, and through sheer perseverance, established his kingdom from nothing. He lifted crumbling buildings from the ground and breathed hope into the depths of despair.

It was impossible not to love a king like him. And yet, at this very moment, someone had declared their intention to kill him!

Despite being informed that this person could be a potential ally in the future, the knights could not contain their outrage. They lost their composure one after the other and launched an attack on her.

Scathach furrowed her brows, realizing that the situation was not as straightforward as she initially thought. Nevertheless, it did not faze her. Having infiltrated kingdoms and single-handedly beheaded their kings centuries ago, she saw no reason why she couldn't accomplish the same here.

Brandishing her twin spears, she charged towards the knights as they launched a combined assault. Artoria, Lancelot, Lamorak, Gaheris, Bedivere, Geraint, and Tristan unleashed a barrage of attacks in unison.

Over the past year, Shirou had asked Merlin to teach the knights swordsmanship. Despite being a mere magus, his proficiency with the blade had left them speechless. However, after humbly learning from him, their swordsmanship had improved significantly compared to a year ago.

But Scathach was truly deserving of her title as the Queen of the Shadow Land. Her mastery of spear combat had propelled her to the divine realm, surpassing even Lamorak, who was hailed as the best of his era. Her twin spears flickered like crimson shadows as she expertly parried Lancelot's holy sword with her left and deflected Lamorak's spear with her right. With a swift kick to the stomach, she left Gaheris writhing in pain.

Scathach was like a fleeting shadow, effortlessly neutralizing the knights' attacks on her own. It appeared as though their combined efforts were no match for her. However, Artoria's strikes were too powerful for Scathach to withstand, leaving her with no option but to use her skills to fend them off while attempting to take her down first. But as soon as she formulated this strategy, the other knights doggedly pursued her, forcing her to remain on the defensive.