Chapter 166

All eyes, including those of Agravain, Lucan, and Geraint, were trained on Shirou. The people from Caerleon held onto hope that Shirou would be favorable towards them, while the Cornwall delegation regarded him with suspicion, uncertain if he would display impartiality.

Shirou shut his eyes, and after a brief moment of silence, he opened them and directed his gaze towards Bedivere. "According to the kingdom's laws, how is theft punished?"

"Are you saying that King Arthur will pass judgment on Cornwall?"

"That's right! That's our king! He's wise and just, and he knows everything!"

"It was obviously their fault! These disgusting thieves! They were trying to steal our food!"

The people from Caerleon conversed with fervor, their eyes alight with hope and admiration for Shirou. He had always been kind to them, and their affection for him was profound. He was the sort of king they aspired to follow.

On the contrary, the people from Cornwall appeared crestfallen, and a significant portion of them showed apprehension and animosity.

"I knew it! Who is King Arthur anyway? The British Red Dragon? It's just Camelot's Red Dragon!"

"He's the king of Camelot, not the king of Cornwall!"

"We need to figure out a way to expel these despicable foreigners!"

"I'd rather be under Vortigern's rule! Who knows, he might be more benevolent towards us!"

Rumors regarding King Arthur had been circulating throughout Cornwall for some time. However, most individuals had never harbored any hopes for Camelot, let alone King Arthur. Over the past decade, Camelot had never treated them as equals!

The oppressive policies implemented by Camelot had resulted in the kingdom losing the support of the populace in this region. The people of Cornwall regarded their counterparts from Caerleon and their king with animosity.

Geraint appeared somewhat uneasy, and the Cornwall ministers and nobles, despite their forced smiles, began to conceal their discontent.

Bedivere, sensing the tension, spoke up and addressed Shirou, "My King..."

Before he could finish, Agravain interjected and stated, "Your Majesty, in accordance with Carmelot's laws, the hand of the thief who was caught stealing should be cut off."

The people from Caerleon, whose food had been stolen, pointed at the thief from Cornwall and exclaimed, "He stole it with his right hand!"

"Cut off his right hand! Cut off his right hand!" The people from Caerleon shouted loudly.

Meanwhile, those from Cornwall remained quiet, their gazes filled with animosity as they glared at the people from Caerleon.

Shirou stood still, not uttering a word as he drew Agravain's sword. The sharp blade glistened coldly in the sunlight, capturing everyone's attention.

The people of Caerleon looked on with fanaticism, while the people of Cornwall were filled with resentment. The ministers and nobles who grasped the gravity of the situation - Lucan, Bedivere, and others - all wore expressions of sadness.

Meanwhile, Agravain's face remained emotionless.

Geraint and the other ministers and nobles from Cornwall shot hostile glares at Shirou, their eyes filled with resistance. The situation was crystal clear.

Arthur had made his choice in favor of Caerleon!

Did Cornwall truly need such a king?

However...