Chapter 48

The master of Caster was killed by Kiritsugu's gun, and Caster was defeated. This news spread through the words of Kotomine Risei. Upon hearing this news, the other masters, despite their different personalities, had almost the same reaction.

"It was that dishonorable murderer who snuffed out the child's life? The notion of those vile hands tarnished with innocent blood doesn't truly surprise me," Tokiomi's voice echoed through the device, "Kirei, keep utilizing Assassin to monitor the other Masters' movements."

"I understand, teacher."

Kirei switched off the device. Perhaps the man who had etched the pride of the Magi into his bones truly carried a curse in his blood. Tokiomi was always on the right path and his preparation was always thorough, but in critical moments, he always inexplicably overlooked some details that should not have been ignored.

For example, at present, he unconsciously assumed that the slain master of Caster was the child, without even verifying it. If Kirei were in Tokiomi's position, he would have painstakingly investigated this matter, but Tokiomi's unexplainable negligence was akin to a curse.

Kirei sat on the chair, picked up the book of God, and read the virtues within its pages: "generosity, perseverance, honesty, loyalty, diligence, justice, patience..."

As he recited these virtues, Kirei's confusion only deepened. He was Tokiomi's disciple and had agreed to serve him before the war, but he kept this information hidden. He had even confirmed that Caster had not withdrawn, but he did not inform Tokiomi, or even his father, and instead allowed his father to announce Caster's withdrawal.

This was wrong!

Kirei realized that his actions were in violation of his duty as a priest, as they went against the laws of God, the teachings of his parents, and the expectations of his associates. However, he couldn't understand why he had felt compelled to hide the truth. What was driving these conflicting emotions within him?

As Kirei struggled with his confusion, the words of Gilgamesh echoed in his mind: "Go, go reveal the truth about that boy to the mongrel Master of Lancer."

Kirei had lost faith that God could save him, but he wondered if perhaps that king could. He didn't know if he could save himself from this chaotic, false, and meaningless world, but he was willing to try. If God could not save him from drowning, he would struggle to reach the shore on his own.

...

Kayneth El-Melloi Archibald was a man of unwavering integrity.

In his youth, no matter what the challenge was, he always found a way to solve it better than anyone else. His efforts were not driven by a desire to stand out, but rather by his belief that his research was superior to that of others. As a result, he was widely considered a "genius".

Kayneth had earned his title of "genius" and there was no one who doubted it or threatened it, so he didn't feel the need to be prideful or arrogant, instead he just accepted it as a natural part of who he was.

In his world, Kayneth was the unquestioned Lord. He had never encountered any obstacles and had no concerns about limitations. With his natural talent and being the legitimate son of a prestigious family, he not only inherited the magical achievements passed down through generations but also possessed a rare talent that perfectly complemented them.

Later on, as he worked at the Clock Tower, Kayneth stood out among his peers with numerous outstanding research achievements. He garnered admiration and envy from others, but he never felt a sense of satisfaction or accomplishment. For Kayneth, it was just an "inevitable result" of his life.