Chapter 153

"Princess Morgan--" the old man was about to speak, but Morgan turned her head and glared at him, raging like a lion, "How dare you speak! I'll condemn your soul to eternal damnation!"

Her eyes flickered with a cold light.

However--

She couldn't help but groan, as if hit by something heavy, looking uncomfortable.

Shirou quickly supported her, "Are you okay, sister?"

"I'm fine." Morgan said, but her eyes flickered with a resentful expression.

Sir Ywain let out a sigh and reminded Morgan, "Princess Morgan, have you forgotten that the use of deadly curses is forbidden in Camelot? We have Merlin and the court magi's Bounded Field, the blessing of the fairies, and the power of your father, the late King Uther, to protect us."

Morgan le Fay directed a hateful glare towards Sir Ywain before turning her attention to the old man, King Mark, and the others. Her expression turned cold as she spoke, "Do not think that I have lost my power! Curses is only one of my areas of expertise. I also have the support of Orkney, a thousand soldiers, and my reliable children!"

She grasped onto Shirou's arm and stood up, causing liquid silver to ooze around them. The kings immediately grew vigilant and unsheathed their swords. The magi accompanying them also rose to their feet, warily eyeing Morgan.

The old man heaved a sigh and remained silent. However, he knew that his goal had already been achieved. He had managed to plant doubts about Shirou in the minds of more people.

King Mark asked, "Do you have anything else to add, spy?"

Shirou scanned the room, observing the varying expressions of those present - sneering, joking, suspicious, smiling, and even pitying. He let out a chuckle and replied, "What else is there to say when you have already made up your minds? Tell me, how should I cooperate with you in the next performance?"

He realized that this wasn't a one-man show and that the script had already been decided upon by many individuals. The trap had already ensnared him!

King Mark scowled and accused, "Are you still attempting to deceive us? You merely wish to repeat the trick you pulled in Tintagel, don't you? You intend to use the power that Vortigern bestowed upon you to intimidate those who have never experienced true combat!"

He raised his long sword high, and the runes etched onto its surface shone and grew hotter, causing the surrounding space to tremble slightly. In the next instant, a beam of light shot towards the sky, only to be disintegrated by Camelot's Bounded Field.

The onlookers were left speechless. Wasn't this the King's proof that Sir Arthur had wielded in various locations? Some of the knights present were also shocked.

Having come from Tintagel, they had personally witnessed Shirou utilizing Caliburn to fire a beam of light.

King Mark sneered, "The so-called King's proof is nothing but a trick of the magi! You may deceive the unenlightened masses who rely on our protection, but deceive us? Ask the kings present, inquire of the northern kings - which king cannot do such a thing, spy?"

The onlookers' gazes towards Shirou grew increasingly suspicious. The Archbishop had already reclaimed the crown, and his eyes were flitting between King Mark and Shirou.

Morgan spoke out, "You persist in labeling my brother as a spy! However, it was my brother who drew the Caliburn from the stone!" She surveyed the room and continued in a loud voice, "Allow me to make this clear! Only the Red Dragon can draw the sword from the stone! This means that only my brother is capable of doing so! Isn't that correct, Archbishop, Sir Ywain, and Sir Baldwin?"