Chapter 49

As night fell on the third day, Shirou cast aside his Caster guise and resolved to take the fight to his opponent. But before he could launch his attack, he needed a new disguise. Caster had worn an Ultraman leather jacket and a black cloak, but Shirou had a different persona in mind. He would pose as the Master of Berserker, Spartacus, and to do that, he needed an appropriate outfit.

After browsing a department store, Shirou found what he was looking for: a Kamen Rider ZO leather suit. This show was released on 1993, and was still popular at the time. Shirou found it more affordable than the Ultraman jacket and used some of his special "funds" to cover the cost.

Shirou knew he owed a debt of gratitude to Iskandar, who had provided him with the financial support he needed to buy the suit. Iskandar had taken a hefty sum of 50,000 yen from Waver, a significant amount in 1993. Shirou couldn't help but wonder how Waver had managed to restrain himself from killing Iskandar after that.

He had chosen the Kamen Rider ZO leather suit as his new disguise, and it was primarily blue in color, resembling a beetle. The suit's red compound eyes only enhanced this effect, making Shirou appear even more like a member of the Matou family. This realization was all the more unsettling to him, given his long-held belief that the Matou family was obsessed with bugs.

Shirou knew that first impressions could be powerful, and this appearance was sure to have an impact. With Spartacus by his side, Shirou set out from his home, ready to strike fear into the hearts of his enemies. The Berserker team was planning to cause trouble, with a powerful Servant and a cunning Master in their midst: Spartacus and 'Matou' Shirou!

The weak have been given swords and shields, while the mad heroes have been given eyes and brains. With this complementary combination, they're invincible!

Shirou considered his options, wondering whether he should pay a visit to the Tohsaka residence and stir up trouble, perhaps even getting under the skin of that arrogant golden Servant. But after some contemplation, he decided against it. Instead, he focused his attention on his third most hated target, Diarmuid Ua Duibhne!

At the top of Shirou's list of hated individuals was Gilgamesh, who had forced him into the Holy Grail War, followed closely by Kiritsugu, who had almost sent him to the heavens.

Gilgamesh was the only one who knew Shirou's true identity, and Shirou was well aware that even Spartacus might not be able to defeat him. He had seen firsthand how Gilgamesh had dealt with Spartacus in the past: once by overpowering him with a giant sword, once by trapping him with shields, and once again by using a giant sword.

Shirou knew that if he were to bring Spartacus to a fight against Gilgamesh, it would be a complete defeat. As for Kiritsugu, his whereabouts were unknown. Even if they were to attack the Castle of Einzbern, there was no guarantee that Spartacus's physical body could withstand Saber's Noble Phantasm.

In the end, Diarmuid seemed like the best option. Unlike Gilgamesh and Saber, he had no anti-fortress Noble Phantasm or BUG abilities, relying solely on his strong martial arts skills. This made him a formidable opponent, but one who could be defeated. For Shirou, he was the ideal hunting target.

Most importantly, Shirou had nearly lost his life twice at the hands of Diarmuid, so he felt a strong desire for revenge!

With these thoughts in mind, Shirou led Spartacus towards Kayneth's workshop, disguised as the Kamen Rider and posing as Matou Shirou. But upon arriving, they found that Kayneth was not present in the international hotel's magical workshop. His materials and belongings were still there, but the man himself was nowhere to be found.

In frustration, Shirou and Spartacus caused a ruckus, destroying all the magical items in the workshop before leaving with Spartacus.

Suddenly...