Chapter 121

Sir Ector frowned and turned to Kay. "Is it true that Guinevere pulled out the sword from the stone, and Artoria wishes to honor him as her king?"

Kay confirmed with a nod. "Yes, that's true."

Sir Ector rose from his seat with a solemn expression and slapped the armrest. "Nonsense!"

Kay furrowed his brow in response to Sir Ector's outburst and attempted to clarify the situation. "Actually, he's just serving as a proxy king for now. The throne will be returned to Artoria later,"

"Can the throne be passed around like that? And what does Merlin think about this arrangement?"

Kay appeared helpless and responded, "Merlin was the one who suggested this proposal."

Sir Ector's expression revealed his confusion. After a moment of silence, he asked, "What does Merlin want to accomplish with this arrangement?"

Kay shrugged and showed a look of helplessness. "What that white rat wants to accomplish, how would I know,"

Sir Ector began to pace back and forth, his hands clasped behind his back. "This is going to be a problem... This is going to be a problem... If this arrangement is exposed, the kingdom will face grave trouble." he muttered anxiously.

Trying to ease his father's concern, Kay chimed in. "Actually, it's not as big of a deal as it may seem. Merlin intends to have Guinevere use the name Arthur and keep his true identity a secret. Besides, only you and I are aware of Arthur's real identity. No one else knows."

Sir Ector expressed his doubt. "But will Guinevere agree to use the name Arthur? You know that name represents one's honor. Why would he..." Before he could finish his sentence, Kay interjected, "He has agreed to it, and is very willing to do so."

Sir Ector was once again taken aback by this news. After a moment of silence, he couldn't help but ask, "Why would Guinevere agree to this?"

Kay answered honestly, "He made a deal with Merlin. As someone from Avalon, Guinevere has no way to return home. Merlin promised him that if he assumed the name of Arthur and led Britain to defeat Vortigern, he would show him the way back to Avalon."

Sir Ector raised a valid point. "But Merlin has never been to Avalon. How could he possibly know how to guide Guinevere back?"

Kay shook his head and replied, "I don't know. I'm not that white rat." His tone carried a hint of ridicule towards Merlin.

Sir Ector frowned and continued to pace back and forth. After a moment, he looked directly at Kay and asked calmly, "And what about you? What is your opinion on this matter?"

Kay furrowed his brow in thought and then responded with a contradictory answer. "For me, it's both accepting and unacceptable, both relieved and conflicted... It's this kind of contradictory emotion," he explained.

Sir Ector fell silent and sank back into his chair, tapping his index finger on the armrest.

"Tap, tap."

After a heavy sigh, he muttered, "What a troublesome autumn! Vortigern just gained control of Rhongomyniad not long ago, and now the Sword in the Stone has created this mess..." Sir Ector's voice gradually grew quieter as he spoke.

Kay raised an eyebrow. "Huh, Rhongo... what?"

Sir Ector shook his head and dismissed Kay's inquiry. "No, it's nothing, Since Merlin is behind this, he must have a plan. By the way, what is Artoria doing now?"

Kay replied nonchalantly, "Wearing a female outfit."

"What?!" Sir Ector was stunned.

...