Chapter 80

Shirou soared towards the source of the dark beam. The destination of his flight was the Church, the very place where the Grail was housed.

"Hmm?"

He raised an eyebrow as he gazed at the Church, which was pulsing with intense black light. His pitch-black wings flapped behind him, and he angled his flight towards the side.

In an instant, the intense black light exploded. A massive black beam shot upward from the ground, stretching toward the sky.

If Shirou hadn't reacted quickly, he would have been struck by the blast.

The devastating force of this Noble Phantasm, whose true name was released with an A++ rating, could not be thwarted by even the black mud. Despite the presence of The Seven Rings that Cover the Burning Heavens, it was a challenge to hold down this beam cannon.

However, Shirou managed to evade the attack, but the danger was far from over. The black beam roared towards the sky, its destructive power unrelenting.

"Boom boom boom!!!"

The sound of an explosion echoed in Shirou's ears. He quickly spun around, his eyes narrowing as he surveyed the scene before him. To his surprise, the black beam had missed him but instead hit the military transport planes that were flying towards the Church.

She must be stopped at once!

Shirou made up his mind.

The black beam was relentless, though, sweeping towards him like a pillar reaching towards the sky. His thoughts raced as he flapped the black wings behind him, soaring around the church. The powerful black beam cannon trailed him like a shadow, determined to claim its target.

Shirou scowled as he looked back at the beam trailing behind him. Artoria's sword swung faster than his flight speed, making it clear that he couldn't outrun it forever. It was becoming increasingly clear that this wasn't a viable option. Confronted with the overwhelming beam, he lacked the confidence to face it with a smile.

With a quick thought, Shirou willed his black mud to move, causing it to swirl and form a large cannon-like hole behind him. He infused the hole with magical energy, and with a loud bang, the energy acted as a powerful propulsion system, propelling Shirou forward at incredible speed and leaving the black beam far behind.

After a short chase, the magical energy dissipated with a whoosh, and the intense black beam finally shrunk and vanished.

The black mud propulsion system behind Shirou transformed back into delicate black wings, slowing down his speed, and he landed steadily in front of the church.

With a determined expression, Shirou gazed at Artoria, who stood before the Black Grail, a brilliant light flickering in his fiery eyes.

[Instict C-]

[Mana Burst C-]

[Charisma E]

Hm?

Shirou raised his eyebrows, as he was only able to copy the skill to an E level. As he looked upon the corrupted Artoria, his understanding of the concept of the "Heroic Mortal" grew deeper within his heart.

Due to the contamination of black mud, Artoria's "Charisma" had plummeted to an E-level, which is why he could only replicate it to that same level.

"Guinevere?" Artoria Alter regarded Shirou with a questioning gaze.

"No, you have mistaken me for someone else. I am not your queen. My name is Fujimaru Shirou," Shirou corrected her, shaking his head.

"Such distinctions hold no significance right now. Whether you are Guinevere or Fujimaru Shirou, anyone who seeks to destroy my Camelot must meet their end!" Artoria's body was surrounded by waves of black magical energy, a manifestation of despair.